Wateree with Marvin

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Oct 14, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Went fishn a few hrs last night with old fishn partner Marvin. Thought i would post a pic of the 13 we managed to catch. We left early, about 9:30 but had 13 cats to show for our eforts.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

State:
    Elgin, SC
    Geez, I was setting up on the concrete pad BELOW the dam in the Wateree River for a marathon "squealer" session playing with baby white cats while you were coming out with that nice mess of fish!

:roll_eyes:

Maybe I can get you to show me around Lake Wateree some time, Dean? :wink:

Great job on some nice fish, there goes my barometer excuse for last night!

3. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Good catch Gotta Go !

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Atta boy!! Well done!

BB in SC

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Sure thang Darren.

Bill, Marvin kind of reminds me of you with the long hair and all.:big_smile: I'll post a pic of Marvin the next time we go out. Its hard to get all of him in the camera:smile2:jk. Me and him has been fishn togeather sense 1984, not as much as we use to with family changes and all but we still get a trip or 2 in each month. He loves to fish for striper but i have almost changed him into a catman. His pb was a 50lb blue on the Congree a few yrs back while fishn with me. I also have a pic posted somewhere on the BOC of me and him with some others at Blacks Camp with 500 lbs of fat cats. At 60+ he still hunts, fishes with the best (at least that is what i tell him) :smile2:

6. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    man looks like i missed out

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    good catch

8. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    were you fishn singleton creek dean

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yea what Jason said:crazy:.Interested folks wanna know all:wink:JK

10. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I don't have a Wateree map but i think i was above that creek, probably closer to Beaver Creek. Started to fish were we fished during the tournament (mouth of June creek) but decided to go around the bend to see if we could catch some wind. If there had been a steady wind i believe we would had caught some fish:big_smile: Its always if, if is a big word.
    I did get to hang one that ripped off line. I tighten the drag and it didn't slow him down. When he did stop i pulled back on the rod and he didn't budge. I looked around at Marvin, who now was looking, and told him he better get his gun...............after getting him to turn, he came off. I guess i should had Seth on the boat. Marvin wouldn't let me catch the next few fish. :smile2:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  11. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Dean, a lot of us 60+ still do it like we always have - Most of us just do it a little slower and with a little more pain. LOL :wink:

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I know, i'm knocking at the door of 60 and that desire to fish is still there. I'm sure Bill in SC is much younger than 60 but after meeting him he just reminded me of Marvin. He had this outdoorsey apperance. You know, that look, his eyes lighten up when he pulls into the parking lot and seeing the lake. When talking to him about fishn his spirit lights up:tounge_out: aw heck ya know what i'm talking about. Even his boat looks like a fishn machine and when you look inside it you know he is ready.:big_smile:

Sometimes i can fish a couple days in a row, but that 3rd trip will get ya:wink: