Wateree trip today

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Nov 14, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    After i seen the fish that sccat caught at Monty, now i wish i had went there. Water was Muddy all the way up to Col creek and probably futher. Lot of stuff floating, so be careful if you go. Even seen a tree at one point:smile2: we did mansge to get 2 nice cats around 15-18lbs and that was it. we didn't get there till late, i guess we probably fished 5 hrs. It was a beautiful day:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey man this is your post on your trip and your fish...... No reason to bring my fish into it....:smile2::wink: J/k man.... Good job with those rough water conditions.... I hope the water gets better out your way, I'm planning a trip out there thanksgiving weekend...:tounge_out:

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    My biggest problem was, i couldn't catch any bait. (bait i wanted) had plenty of shad and 1 bait of chose. The fish wanted that 1 bait:smile2:

I have to watch myself on other peoples threads:embarassed: not meaning to, sometimes i'm just not thinking. But its all good, we are all catmen:big_smile:

4. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Gotta go I thought I read on a post that said you was comming for a round on Monty? If so when so, I think me and another boc member will be out there friday if weather holds out for us....

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    good report dean thanks

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Friday i'' be headed for Oklahoma for a week. We will go to Boone NC to the wife's parents, spend the night and then headed through the Tenn. mountains across the Great Mississippi, Ark River and on to Oklahoma. Wish i could just go fishn at every river i pass. Me and some friends are supose to go to Murray thursday but we may change that to Monty

7. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    I hear ya have a safe trip..... I have to go to Doe Mountain Tn which is 24 miles from Boone in 2 weeks to shut my water off at my house.. Unless you want to do it for me while your up that way!!!:wink::smile2: Just kiddin ya

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    sure, why not. Don't really know were it is but give me directions. You have to be carefull in the mountains. I would hate to turn somebody's water off and they come around there house with a mussle loader:smile2:

9. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report. Good luck on the trip to OK, not a fun one, or at least not for me. Just throw a line out of the window and troll!!!

10. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Kelly the only part of the trip i like is getting away from the kids:smile2: jk the trip through Tenn. is good, We kinda go the long way just to sight see. Ark. and Okl. aint no fun after you go over the 2 big rivers. I look forward to the first 8hrs the next 10 to 12 hrs ain't fun at all. Thanks for reminding me for what i'm in for:smile2::smile2: i may try the trolling if the wife would slow down, if she would drive all the way and we made it we could probably make the trip in 8hrs. She was born and rasied in the mountains and she scares me around those mountains. She says i square the turns off and i don't know how to drive in the mountains just cause i don't drive 90mph through them:angry::smile2: I'm just glad the Lord is with us:wink:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  11. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC

When I take someone back home they are white as a ghost and will get car sick... Back home you only break in the middle of the turn then gas it coming out of it... Your have to listen to the sound of the tires... No joke there is a fine sound they make right before they start sliding, also if it's dark out just watch the power lines for reflection of others coming then you got both lanes to make the turn.... I hug the other sides white line at night...:wink:

12. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Yeah, Mt wife is a flatlander from Charleston, and I scare the crap out of her everytime we go to the mountains!

13. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I'll tell ya, people might not believe it but mountain folks can hang the turns. My wife and her brothers drive in the mountains like most of us drive on the interstate. I guess ya use to it, not me.:smile2:

On another note: I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread but i caught my first flathead at Wateree Lake today, i was trying to catch some perch and caught a flathead about 6-8 inches long. If there is a little one there has got to be a big one.:wink:
    2 boats of us going to Monty in the morning, if any of you guys are down there look us up. I'll be in a 24ft smokercraft pontoon and my friend Paul will be in a 21 ft cuddy (walk around) big blue boat. Stop and speak, i'll be in sccatman's fishn hole:smile2::smile2:jk