wateree today

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by katman#1, Oct 21, 2009.

1. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    me and one of my buddys john got on the water at 2:00pm got our bait an started drifting we were catching some small blues and channels john was reeling in a small blue when he got it on top of the water it took off backwards it was wrapped in my line and a big fish had hit mine and was taken his fish an screamn drag off of his reel so I got my rod and reeled to I got to his fish then grabbed my line and fought the fish with my hands only burnt my hands a few times it was a 42lbs blue this is a trip I will never forget we caught 23 in all this was a special trip for john he is having heart surgery friday and dont know when he will get to go fishn again that sucks

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the report Jason,sounds like an exciting time.Congrats on the 42 also.:wink:
    Hope everything goes well for ya Buddy and hope he is back on the water soon.:big_smile:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on the fine catch Jason, and thanks for the report. It is always cool and fun when you can fish with ya buddies.:wink:

4. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  5. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    23 thats a good day ! Congrats

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I was thinking about going fishn today until you said you caught a 42lb fish, now i know i'm going. Seth will have to get out of school early today.
    Loaded up to go the other day and found i had dead batteries on the pontoon and was to lazy to transfer all my stuff to the other boat.:smile2:
    See what age does, if i even thought i would catch something in the 40lb range i believe i would had got the energy to go.

Congrats on the Big Cat, 42lbs "now thats a fish"

7. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
  8. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

State:
    Elgin, SC
    What part of the lake were ya fishin?

I am thinking about dropping in at Colonel's Creek tomorrow afternoon and fishing into the night.

I had planned on fishing some of the larger creek mouths where they open into the lake- I am still fishing "blind"... no sonar.

Hmmm... today IS payday... Hmmmm.....

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice fish indeed! TFS!

BB in SC

10. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks everybody an darren in between dutchman and colonel have been good for me

11. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC