Wateree Saturday

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by billfish76, Feb 19, 2009.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I believe a few of us will be heading down to Wateree to Prefish Saturday. The weather report has changed and they droped the wind speed in half. Looks like it may be a nice day.

Who all is going?????

2. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We'll be there-probably launch in Beaver Creek.

3. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will be there. Cant wait

4. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I'm going to try and make it to.

5. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    i will be there,i think my son and brother are coming with me.cary where yall putting in and what time?

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I think Im going to put in at Dutchmans. Ill probally be there around 6:15

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Jeff and I will be there as well as it stands now:cool2:,looking forward to locating some nice uns:wink:,we will most likely put in at Dutchmans Creek as well,will probably be there a little after 6am

8. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    hey guys been readin in for a while but this is my first post. i'm at wateree virtually every sat/sun. i am quite experienced with fishing the santee river but prior to gettin my weekend place at wateree last year it's been virgin territory for me. anybody run vhf on the lake? if so what channel u guys usin? i'd very much like to become an avid fisherman of wateree cats as well since it's closer for me now and i have a house there. i'll be hittin it hard this spring.

9. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Be there Sat.with brother Marty,we will be on channel 69.

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    anybody run vhf on the lake? if so what channel u guys usin?

When I know there is someone else out there with it on I also keep mine on 69. Say hi if you see us out there.

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    John, welcome to the BOC!!!

I am NOT going to be there Saturday.:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I will be there next Saturday!!:cool2::cool2::roll_eyes::smile2::tounge_out::wink:

12. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    thanks guys. i'm usually listenin for any kind of chatter on the radio so i'll look for ya. i've scouted a few spots at the upper end but have yet to drop hooks up there or totally figured out the bait situation for the biguns. the upper looks more like what i'm used to. we used almost exclusively herring on santee from march 1st til about june and the bite was much better than when we were forced to switch to shad or frozen around that time. from what i've gathered perch is the top choice for the big fish on wateree and i guess i should be able to catch em from my crappie beds off my pier? plenty of small bream there too.

13. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Me and Damon plan on fishing wateree saturday. Will probably let out of Dutchmans around 6:30 or 7am. I will have my radio on channel 69 also, we should all meet up for lunch at Dutchmans.

14. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I'm gonna pass this week. It turns out I will be in Las Vegas covering the NASCAR event the weekend of the tournament, so there is no real need to proactice right now on Wateree.

Plus, the bite is unreal right now on Lake Wylie, and fishing close to home will give me three hours more fishing time.

Good luck down there, mark some big ones and go back adn catch them the 28th!!

15. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Hate ya aint gonna be able to make it Dieter,especially to the tourney,its setting up to be a great one,but on the otherhand Las Vegas aint to bad of a place to be if ya cant be there:cool2:.I get the wonderful pleasure of being on Jury Duty next week myself:sad2:,my luck I will get picked for some long trial and it will run over into Saturday,I dont know if they can do that but it would be my luck.:crazy:

16. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Marty we'll come and break you out!:eek:oooh::smile2: