Wateree River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bcgamecock, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bcgamecock

bcgamecock New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fished the tailrace of the Wateree River in Camden today. Was quite chilly when the breeze picked up but I managed to catch a nice little channel, about 3 pounds, and some too small blues. I caught more white perch than anything but was glad to get a nice fryer with the channel.

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    You may have caught more if you weren't a USC fan!:smile2: I'm just going on with you!

3. bcgamecock

bcgamecock New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That's probably true, but then my expectations would be too high for next time. As a gamecock fan, my life is much more enjoyable if I keep my expectations low!

4. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I hear you! Thanks for the report, you will get them next time.

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    greg what is wrong with you usc is the only way to go.:smile2:

6. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I figured I would get something started!:smile2:

7. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    USC the only way to go?!? And yes it looks like it has been started.:smile2:

8. bcgamecock

bcgamecock New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm a life-long Gamecock fan and a graduate of USC---But, I'm also a realist so you won't find me arguing that USC is the only way to go, or even a good way to go! I hate to admit it but I even tried to not be a Gamecock fan at one point in my life and it just didn't work! Sometimes you just cain't help yourself when it comes to certain things.

I don't mind a little ribbing from a Clemson fan, or a Georgia fan, Tennessee fan, Alabama fan, or any other fan. It's all in good fun! I actually find it funny when I see someone get upset because they are catching hell about "their team" because it isn't like they are out there playing themselves but some people take it so personally that you'd think they are!

9. big corey

big corey New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    did you put in at 601 bridge

10. bcgamecock

bcgamecock New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    No, I actually fished from the bank that day. I haven't taken my boat out in a while but hope to do that soon.

11. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I couldn't agree more. I am a lifelong Clemson fan and I used to get into it as much as the next person. Like you said, We have no control what happens on the field.

As far as the Wateree River is concerned, I will be glad when the water comes up enough to safely go down it. Can't wait to get back after them.

12. dan beauchemin

dan beauchemin New Member

State:
    MA
    catchin the big cat is the best

13. rookietocatfish

rookietocatfish New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have only fished the wateree once looking forward for the water to come back up to catch the big ones again.will somebody let me know when the water level is back up please ? thanks

14. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Ricky, Welcome to the BOC! We definitely need to get back after them down there. Hope we get alot of rain to bring the water up so we can go. Maybe the ones who live down that way will keep us posted.

15. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats better than staying home !!!

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Go Cocks!! :big_smile:
    BB in SC