Wateree River

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Stlnifr, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went to the river today to fish off the bank had to give it up. Man the river was up 10 to 15 feet higher at the spot I normaly fish from the bank. Well I will try it another day.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    There's been a lot of rain lately, rivers are up all over the state. It's got me messed up too, on the lower Santee. What area of the Wateree do you fish, George?

BTW, Welcome to the BOC!

3. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fish from the dam to just below the railroad trussell at 601 / #1 hyway in Camden. Years past I fished from the dam down to the congaree also ran hoop nets in the congaree and lower part ot the warteree.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Better luck next time.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Are there some good places to bank fish from the wateree? Just curious; it's a little far for me, unless I just happen to be going that way. I've seen a few folks fishing from the bank where 378 crosses.
    What did you run the hoops for? bait, I'm guessing.:smile2:

6. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bank fishing is limited up by the dam and at boat ramp road at Camden. I ran hoop nets catching catfish, would get a couple hundred pounds, fish range from about 5 pounds up to about 60 pounds. Required a commercial fishing licence. Sometimes two people couldn't get it in the boat had to drag it to the bank to empty it. But I haven't put a net out in 10 to 15 years.

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC George,better luck in the future.