wateree river

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by katman#1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    any info on the river from 378 to the paper mill want to start fishing it thanks

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    jason throw a pm to mudfish music. he fished the wateree and congaree area but i dont think he winter fishes. he has alot of summer posts. However he can get you going.
    I hope to get there for spring run.

3. bcgamecock

bcgamecock New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Jason, all I can tell you is be ready for the gar. There are a billion of them in that river and you'll see them swimming right around your boat. If you want some real fun, tie on about a 6-inch piece of frayed white anchor rope with no hook and toss it to them when you see them. Then hang on.

I actually fish above the 378 bridge and the catfish bite has been really good. I've been catching plenty of 10-20 pounders with the occasional 30 pounder. Mostly blues. On my last trip I caught 16 catfish---12 Blues, 3 small channels, and one flathead. The flathead was about a 12-pounder. I caught most of them on cut bream and a few on worms.

4. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have fished the wateree from #1 to I20 in lugoff the winter fishing doesnt seem to be any good hope to do some camping this spring down river from 378

5. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    there's no place I'd rather fish than the area around where the Wateree and Congaree converge. Big Bird's right, I haven't been out much lately (deer season) but the boats always gased up and ready to go. If you decide to give it a try drop me a line and I'll meet you on the water. I need to catch up a little on the catfishing.

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey Lawrence, Jason and Brian,
    Be sure to check the pd catmaster schedule. After a little prompting James has added some other river locations around the state. The club has added an end of Mar tourney at packs that should coincide with the spring run.
    Talk to Rivercatsc and BillinSC if you need additional club or joining info. Hope to see you there and hopefully some other events.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100146

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    this spring I will give you a shout and lindsay Im not ready for no river tourneys yet I will stick with lake tourneys for now

8. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'll try to make that one for sure. I've been waiting on somebody to show a little respect to my local stomping grounds:big_smile:.

9. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Is there a limit on the number of people per boat? My buddy and I are planning to fish the Pack's landing tournament in March and our wives are coming along. We assume we'll all have to pay the entry fee and the 6 rod limit will still be in affect but what muddies the water is the one 36" fish per person. It seems that would put a 2 man team at a disadvantage. Is there a exception to this regulation since all fish will eventually be released anyway?

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You can up to 4 people on the boat but the 36" rule will read just as the Cabelas Rules do. Any boat will only be allowed 2 Catfish(Blue, Flathead, Channel) over 36" to be included in the 5 fish limit. That means whether you have 2 people or 4 still only 2 of any species over 36". This keeps it fair for everyone n you dont have worry about a flathead man loading up 5 big faltties and all you can weigh are 2 big blues. Lawrence PM me your email or a way to get in touch with you and I will get you some fliers to put out. Yall spread the word up that way. Thanks.