Wateree River 5-19-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by harper81, May 19, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Hit the river tonight. I expected nothing with the crazy weather lately, but got two 5 lbers and lost one that I am guess around 10. All three were blues on cut perch.

I do have a question about something that i was thinking about today. My new hotspot is an eddy and the water goes ranges from 14-25ft. Is it better to fish the start of the eddy where the water first swirls back or toward the end where the back current meets back up with regular current? Or even in the middle where the water is the deepest?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Bill, I usuallly start fishing the edge of the eddy, on the current break with the main flow, but you have to fish it all, because they won't always be in the same area. I fish several rods (4-6) and try to cover all the areas of an eddy like that; if not at the same time, I'll at least keep casting to different spots there.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I want to experiment with baits suspended on a big cork, floating round and round in the eddys. Ought to be productive.

Bill in SC

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You cant beat a peice of cutbait fished suspended under a cork in an eddy spot.:wink: