Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another fun filled day on the Wateree River. Just got done devouring the results of a day on the river. The bream fishing has been good the last 3 weeks but the water level has dropped a couple of feet and changed the way we fished. The beds we were fishing 2 weeks ago weren't as productive so we had to work a little harder. No problem catching enough for bait but we didn't get close to limiting on the big hand sized fish like we had been doing. Most of the bream were caught on crickets with a few shellcrackers on red worms tossed in. We did try the cats a bit and ended up with four fish ranging from 4-15lbs. These were all caught in a creek mouth fishing the bottom with cut bream. There were gar everywhere and the rods were constantly in action. It seemed like every time we thought that was the only thing biting we would hook a cat.... We had 2 big barn owls hanging in the willows with us while we were bream fishing and saw one gator that was probably pushing 10 feet. All in all a great day hanging with my brother and another buddy. I thought of spending the night but to be honest the heat whipped me pretty good today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.