Wateree River 378 Ramp Question

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by TideGuy, May 23, 2007.

1. TideGuy

TideGuy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thinking of trying River in morning. Level and flow is LOW! (checked USGS website).
    Is this ramp Ok when water is low? I have a 15' HighTide (fiberglass)
    w/ 40HP. Don't want to drive there and not be able to get the boat in.

2. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    It is very low. I don't have a boat, but fishing there last night and some kids were swimming and they were out on the edge of the channel and it was waist deep. So I would say by the ramp it is probably 4-6ft. You can get a boat in no problem, just be careful navigating the river.

3. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey Harper, you catching any big ones up there? It may be further than you want to drive but there's some pretty decent bank fishing at some other areas. I don't do much shoreline fishin but I fished with a friend off of his dock Saturday night and caught 8 blues......including a 14, 16, 21 lb. Is driving distance much of a factor for you?

4. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Put in there this past weekend. Water is low but put boat in just fine. Just be careful no matter which way you go-up or down river.

5. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I caught a 21" striper last week, but other than that I usually get shut out or a few small guys. I tossed out every bait I could get my hands on Tuesday and never even got a bite. That includes nightcrawlers, cut perch, DK's punch bait and chicken livers. I must have threw my cast net 75 times in a variety of spots and not a shad to be had, just perch.