Wateree River 06-21-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by harper81, Jun 22, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Water is still high and fast, but I am tired of waiting for it to drop so I headed out. Got there about 8 p.m. and couldn't catch any bream or perch so I hooked up some frozen perch I brought. Caught one 11 lb blue.

On a side note I don't know how much I will be on the river anymore at night. I always knew in the back of my head there was gator's up there, but tonight is the first time I have seen one and two and three. I know it seems ridiculous to you folks born and raised here, but I grew up in Ohio and there is nothing with potential of eating me up there in the water. And I know the percentage of fisherman attacked by a gator is almost nonexistent, but something about an alligator just freaks me out.

2. fearless58

fearless58 New Member

State:
    ga
    swift and or high water log and snags are bigger dangers than gators. just be carefull and stay alert to your surroundings and whats going on. have fun and hopefully catch a lot of fish

3. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i cant wait to go back its been over a year since i been to wateree:big_smile::big_smile:

4. fishingfool

fishingfool New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    :big_smile:

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Gators like alligators around Cedar Creek? I've never seen any of heard of them there before.

6. fishingfool

fishingfool New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yes there are gators as far up as Bowater on the Catawba River especially near Landsford Canal State park. Several years ago there was a drowning near Hwy5 bridge and a Heli was searching the river for the bodies the pilot said he seen several gators in there. You would be suprised at the photos he showed us.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009