Wateree reports?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nevets91, Jan 14, 2010.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    Anyone been to wateree lately? What's the water lookin like? I haven't been in a few weeks and I'm thinkin about goin in the mornin. I'm not positive yet but any info will help me make my decision. Thanks

2. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Haven't been by lately but from the last week or so of posts I've read they're saying it's down to where it should be for the winter and has cleared up a bit...certainly fishable. But hopefully someone will chime in for you that's been there lately. If not let me know and I'll call my aunt, she lives on the top third of the lake.

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    My guess is you will have a crowd there!

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    The reports Ive heard was that the fishing was slow and the water was COLD. Bait wasnt easy to get eaither. Maby this little bit of warm weather will get them going again, but with the cold water I think they are eating all the weak shad and are filled up. After hearing the reports from this week Ive decided to stay close to home and fish Wylie. Ive gotten better reports from Wylie this week that Wateree.

5. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    nevets,give me a call.planning to go in the morn.putting in at dutchman

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    bait is a little bit harder to get right now the water is down to normal level an is clearing up there has been plenty of small shad in front of the park early in the morn should be good with the lower water level becareful more stumps an rock to take a prop out seen a guy at dutchman with a bent prop he didnt even get bait