Wateree Report for 5-24-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, May 24, 2008.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Me and Jeff made a trip down to Wateree today to fish in a little deal with some guys.We started the day off up in river run of Cedar Creek,caught 3 fish rather quick and after that the wind picked up and just steadily just kept getting worse and worse,soon it was gusting something terrible and made fishing very difficult at best,we decided to pull anchors and head down lake,the wind didnt seem to be quite as bad,we decided to drift instead,set out 2 5ft socks and the bite started and stayed steady all day long,lost a couple also on the way to the boat,threadfin and gizzard shad seemed to work the best,we ended the day with a final tally of 23 catfish,we had 16 Blues and 7 channels,biggest fish we could bring to the boat was right at 16lbs and the others range from4 to 6 with one about 8 throwed in.so all in all it was a good day number wise,hopefully soon we will find the Big bites and less windy days,till then we will just keep plucking away.
    Also we get back to the landing to find that we did the best today for 5 fish stringer out of the guys,so that was rewarding to us as we figured we werent even gonna be in the $$$$,so it really wasnt a bad day at wateree,maybe we can even do it again on June 28th in the first night one of the year

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Those 4-6 pounders sound like what is being caught a lot right now on Wateree Marty. That 16 pounder was enough to put you over the top though. Good job with that!!

Mudkip and I were down there earlier this week and we caught a lot of fish, but no monsters. I think it is spawn time right now for them, so the big ones may be few and far between for a few weeks.

3. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Congrats on a good day for the Green Brothers. The wind seemed to be a factor every where on the 24th. It hit us hard on Marion as well, But thats another story. Still glad to hear you & Jeff loaded up at Wateree.

4. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    congrats again jeff and marty, i was so shocked at the weigh in to see that the bite was so bad. this was the worsed i have ever done on wateree, but i cant complain cause me and pappys 13.5 lbs won us a nice rod and spot light. :big_smile: i hope the fish will be biting tuesday two guys from work really want to get a chance at a big catfish and alot of fun so im gonna try to put them on some fish. wish us luck if its anything like sat. im gonna need it.:big_smile:

5. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    congrats again jeff and marty, i was so shocked at the weigh in to see that the bite was so bad. this was the worsed i have ever done on wateree, but i cant complain cause me and pappys 13.5 lbs won us a nice rod and spot light. :big_smile: i hope the fish will be biting tuesday two guys from work really want to get a chance at a big catfish and alot of fun so im gonna try to put them on some fish. wish us luck if its anything like sat. im gonna need it.:big_smile:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    23!!!!!!:big_smile: Now thats a Wateree Smackdown right there! Great catch guys and thanks for the report:wink:.