Wateree Report 2-14-2009

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 1bluedevil, Feb 14, 2009.

1. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well Im lucky, I dont have to do the normal Valentines day stuff. My wifes mothers birthday is on V-day, and they have a annual tradition of going shopping, what more could I ask for.
    Today I started in Wateree creek a little after dawn, caught plenty of bait at the Wateree creek bridge, Gizzards, perch.
    Went south of Dutchmans creek and fished in 22-30 ft. Caught 6 fish anchored and then decided to start drifting. After drifting for about an hour, I got into the fish and caught some nice blues, 10-20lbs. Non stop catfish bite after 2:30pm, also everyone was catching crappie in the river. I talked to several guys who caught 25-50 crappie today in the river. Hope this report helps. Water temp 51-51.8
    Also, Thanks for the "info" Billfish76 !:wink:

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Sounds like a good day on the water Matt:wink:,I couldnt get away from the V-Day stuff:sad2:,she had me going non stop from sun up till now:crazy:,I got her a Wii Fit,so maybe that will keep her occupied awhile now:smile2:,I could have bought me a new Abu 6500 for what that set me back:eek:oooh:,not to mention lunch,supper,flowers and perfume:tounge_out:I got to get her into fishing,I think I would come out alot better:wink:eek:r maybe we could just legally change her mothers B-Day to Valentines Day:smile2:

3. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I hear ya. I wish I would have had some Team Green help pulling them in!
    I was training for the IRONMAN :smile2:

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Great report 22-30 feet seems to be the mark to hit right now:wink:

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Nice Job Matthew and company!! Hope the bite is good today also, I'm coming home!!!:wink:

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Good job Matt,
    Hows the "new ride"? I see you slimed the decks already so should be a good one.

7. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    hi matt,good job sounds like you had a great day,lets hook up and hit monticello in april

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great catch Matt! Hope the bite stays on fire. I'll be there checking it out next Sat.:wink:

9. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    aint nothing like drifting in to a smackdown! good catch

10. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like a fun day, congrats

11. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Awesome day on the lake! Sounds like you had your hands full--not a bad problem to have! Congrats.