Wateree redemption!

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by screamnclickersc, Aug 1, 2009.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Slipped back to the lake last night to get back at the fish we lost during the last tourny.It may not be the same fish,but it was close enough that I feel redeemed!.We ended up w/ 7 fish ,biggest was 22 & 35(4' long!)I put them all back & told them i'd pick em' up in September:wink:!

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      14.1 KB
      Views:
  2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    WTG Jimmy,those are some nice ones:wink:.Stay on em and let me know where they are in September,I want be able to make it down for awhile,I am having my shoulder[rotator cuff]rebuilt next Friday so I will be out of commision for a few weeks.:sad2:

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    my shoulder[rotator cuff]rebuilt next Friday so I will be out of commision for a few weeks

Good Luck Marty but i'm affraid you may not be fishn next month's tournament, i guess you could watch your brother catch all the fish. :wink:
    I got another replacement surgery i got to go through, i think i will wait till Dec. for mine. hen i will be able to catch more than 1 big fish a night. Bionic Man:smile2:
    Congrats to screamingclickers on the longest fish i have seen this yr. Ya guys keep posting them pic's so i will know were to fish:smile2:

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery-enjoy your downtime,you can always go back to work!:wink:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NICE fish, Jimmy!! Good luck with the surgery, Marty!

Bill in SC

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yea,Doctor is saying I will be out of work and fishing for 3-6 weeks,more than likely closer to 6.I hope to be able to at least go to the Wylie Tourney and maybe ride in the Boat and Navigate it,I will let Jeff do all the catching and netting.We may have to recruit a 3rd partner for the one though.If not I will just ride up to sign up and weigh in and give him a hand.Then surely I will be ready for the September Tourney on Wateree,that will be 7-8 weeks post surgery,hopefully I will be back to close to 100% by then.

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice fish. And recover soon from your surgery so that you can catch a monster.

8. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Marty,you must be setting the hook way to hard or either overworking the shoulder too hard netting the big ones Jeff catches from the green machine:smile2:.Ahh,I just had to be a little scarcastic on ya pal.I hope all goes well and wish you a speedy 100 % recovery..If theres anything I can help ya with,just holler....sam

9. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Well it certainly aint from catching the Big ones,I havent been fishing with Bowlerman none.Jeff and I sure havent been on any big ones lately,we have caught plenty number wise,just cant get on the Big Uns.Nah,All mine came from 14 years of Carpentry work,3 years of General Tire running a Banbury and way to many 12oz and 16oz Curls,I got that gravy job I have had at PMC for the last 9 years way to late.Now I have a bad shoulder,2 Bulging disc and arthritis in my lower back,3 bone spurs and arthritis in my neck and Carpal Tunnel in both wrist:tounge_out:My wife says I need to be in a Nursing Home:crazy:She just dont understand that if I fished more I would hurt less:big_smile:

10. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congratulations on the good fish Jimmy, and I hope the surgery goes well Marty and you recover quickly.

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Don't quit fishn Marty, if you do, you're through. Thats what happen to me :smile2: Old Arthur will work on a body:sad2: but the good thing is them Doc's are getting better at what they do and they seem to be able to keep you patched up good enough to go fishn. Hope everything goes well and just remember, the surgery don't hurt, its when you wake up :eek:oooh:

12. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats on the "redemption" Jimmy. Where did those long skinny fish come from. I thought the first picture looked like a striper until i looked at it closer.
    I am probably headed down there next friday. I hadnt been able to get down there in a while but have a day off.
    Good luck with the surgery Marty. Side lined from work 6 weeks maybe but not fishing.:wink: I know better!
    Later

13. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Those were some nice fish there Jimmy,I like it when the fisherman wins. As for you Marty sounds like you have that disease they call D.O.B. my dad has it and it sounds like what you described,(date of birth) recover quickly theres fish to be caught.

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Well I got my surgery done,its a little sore,I start my physical therapy tommorow,so hopefuilly I am gonna be back on the water in a few weeks.At least I can still type with not much pain,so at least I can stay up to date with whats going on.Thanks for all the well wishes guys.:wink:

15. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Glad to hear the surgery went well, hope you have a speedy recovery.

16. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm so glad it went well for you Marty, save the pain pills for the therapy, you will need them:smile2: