Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Jeff cant make it to this one,if I find me a partner I am gonna try and make it.Ought to be a big fish or two caught for sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jeff cant make it to this one,if I find me a partner I am gonna try and make it.Ought to be a big fish or two caught for sure.
Marty I would not see you having a problem finding a partner theres alot I know that would love to fish with you all you have to do is ask anyone , the problem is after the turny is over getting them out of your boat , I beleive they will love it so much they want leave . Hope to see you there .

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Big Chad and I are gonna Team up and fish it together.We coming for the win so look out Jimmy!I guess I just jinxed myself there.Hope not.See you guys there tommorow evening.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
tough night Dean:sweat:
Amen to that Jimmy.I aint never seen Wateree that tough during a tournament.Big Chad and I got us a big ole peice of humble pie last night.We didnt get skunked but we came as close to it as you can get.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Harry and Jamie Dickerson won it,I cant remember the exact weight but is was around 42lbs and some change.They also had Big Fish with a 32 lb blue.It was a bad bite for everyone,the weights dropped way off after that,if it wasnt for the 1 big blue it would have been real ugly.Worst bite I have seen on Watereee in many moons throughout a tourney field.The water had gooten pretty muddy from the dam at Cedar Creek to Dutchman Creek but they had absolutely no water running during the tourney,in fact it was backwashing for awhile.
Hopefully JD will get the rest of the results up soon.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
"...What wierd rules are you speaking of?..."

1) Only allowing two 36" fish to be weighed
2) Not allowing the use of cell phones or radios
3) Only allowing six rods to be used

Those were the ones that were specifically mentioned by several folks I talked to about the tournament. Apparently there were 6-7 boats that did not fish the tournament because of these rules.

Who knows how much of that is true or just dock talk.

The rules are fair, and no one really gets hurt because of them, but I guess they just rub some people the wrong way and take some of the fun out of tournament fishing. When you take the fun out of it, and considering there is no real money to be made, then there is not really a good reason to pay to enter.

How many boats turned out? Anyone hear?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
"...What wierd rules are you speaking of?..."

1) Only allowing two 36" fish to be weighed
2) Not allowing the use of cell phones or radios
3) Only allowing six rods to be used
7 Boats showed up for the event,poor for Wateree standards,it would have been nice to have more than 10 so they could have had next years championship tourney there.

They go strictly by Cabelas King Kat rules so questions # 2 and 3 apply to that.As for #1 it was adopted statewide for thier tourneys based on Santee law on only having 1 Blue over 36" per person,so a 2 person team could weigh in 2 fish over 36",they applied that across the board to all thier tournaments.The same as Cabelas done last year for thier qualifier at Santee.

As for my take on these 3 items being a tournament director myself:
Rule 1-I am ok with that one being in thier rules although the Catawba CC would never adopt it.That is because we dont have Santee Tourneys and never will,there are too many tourneys down there already.
Rule 2-I think that is a silly rule for any tournament myself,that takes away alot of fun that alot of us have grown accustomed too fishing together during tournaments or friendly fishing,forwarding info on where to fish or where the bite may be happening does not put fish in the boat,the fish still have to be caught.Alot of us like to brag or know kinda whats going on around the lake with others,believe me,there is alot of radio sandbagging that goes on anyway,if a man is sitting on biting big fish he aint gonna broadcast it to the world in a tournament,now friendly fishing may different.
Rule 3-Not a Big fan of this one,I personally would go no lower than 8 where we are now in the Catawba CC but that is just my opinion.However going forward after this year the Catawba Club will be going back to the 12 rod rule or probably unlimited.More lines in the water does not mean more fish in the boat,it does maybe increase your chances but it also increase your chances of fish tangling multiple lines or losing multiple rigs to snags or whatever.

With this being said,If I or Team Green is gonna fish a tournament series other than our own series,I will have no problem following thier rules as long as it is fair to everyone involved,if not I will chose to stay home or fish elsewhere.Opinions are a reflection of what you want or what you like,that dont make them right but also nothing wrong with voicing them either,just as I did.I am not putting the Carolina Catmen Series down for these 3 rules,its the way they chose to run their series and it our choice as to wether we fish them or not however public opinion does go a long way toward making them a sucess.

·
Registered
896 Posts
that's why i didn't fish !!!!! as well as 2 other boats that were coming with me. i just don't understand the logic behind the rod limit rule or the two fish over 36" rule (just make it a two fish tournament ).and as for the rod limit i know that is a cabelas thing and i guess that is why i don't fish them either and have no interest in it. and don't say it makes things equal and fair because if that is the reason then all boats should not be allowed to go faster than the slowest boat in the feild. just my oppinion and that is all it is. my hats off to anyone who puts together tournaments and host them. i'm not saying this to be disrespectfull of anyone or this series , but that is simply why i didn't fish and i wish them the best with there series. jeff

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.