Wateree- Lost $50 castnet in first 5 minutes

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by screamnclickersc, Apr 11, 2009.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Went to Wateree this past Thursday,lost my $50 7' super spreader net on the first throw under Beaver Creek bridge(in a place i've thrown a dozen times).Anyway decided NOT to put that much $$$ in another net to lose it the same way,looked in 2 Walmarts and their cheapest 6' net was $40!!BPS brand was the same:confused2:.I guess i'll sink $10 more & get another Fitec!...So we tied on jigs & trolled & picked up a crappie & 2 nice sized perch for bait.We caught 1-20lb blue,the only bite all day.It was full of early eggs.

2. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    hate to here about your net.that happend to me a few years ago.now i check for underwater trees befor I cast.lots of crappie fishermen on wateree.:crazy:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man I go through about 4-5 cast net a year. Im a sucker for throwing over a stump.:smile2:

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I lose one every other year.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    know any divers they could get them for u check with local dive shop some divers are just looking for a place & reason to go diving

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Gander MT has the Super Spreaders 7' for $34.99 I think. If not its 39.99. Ive got 1 that I have to fix that I tore up in Wateree Creek.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Just lost my net this past week also. Man I hate a new net. The one I bought is stiff and don't open the way my old one did. I guess I just need to get it broke in.

8. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Put it in a 5 gallon bucket, fill it up with water to cover the net, pour in some liquid fabric softner and let it sit for a few days. It will loosen up real quick (and smell good)

9. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We had to leave my new 8 foot net @ Wateree Creek today:angry:

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I lost a good 8 footer to wateree creek also a few weeks ago.

11. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I bought a 6' super spreader for $25 Tuesday at Wal Mart. They has several 5' pro casters for $18.

12. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Our Wal Marts around here only carry Frabil & Laker nets$24 up.I checked Gander Mtn. also & they didn't have them on the website.I got a new 7' SS for $47 shipped off eBay.

13. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Stake it out in the lawn to dry with some sticks.