Wateree Last Night

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Aug 26, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Well i had to try my pontoon at night and see what it still needed. Lights will be one thing i will add. We did manage a few nice fish even though the bite was slow. They seem to be up closer to the bank than i normaly fish, i guess sometimes we need to get out of our comfort zone. Did see a guy that said he didn't catch anything and was using shad and bream, we eneded up releasing the 10-12 we caught. 2 largest was about 15lbs.

Attached Files:

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Dean! Glad you got into some nice fish and outta da heat :big_smile: Were you anchored or drifiting?

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for the post. You had a pretty productive night all in all. Some nice catches for sure. Thanks for posting the pic along side!

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    If i'm out in the lake, i'm a drifting:big_smile: I went out to pre fish the pontoon at night to see what it needed. The boys didn't give me a chance to catch many fish (they were all over the rods). I did find out i need (Bill in SC) to put some type of lights on the boat so i can see the rods. Man, i had forgoten how confy a pontoon can be

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Sounds like a nice trip to me! :wink:

Drifting eh??:eek:oooh:

6. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Looks like yall had a great trip to Wateree. Congrats on some nice blues!

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report and catch! Pontoons are indeed, VERY comfy! I want one bad to drift the Santee with, but I NEED another Harley first! You can pick up an LED light strip pretty cheap on eBay. They'll light up the world!

BB

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on the successful trip and thanks for the report.:wink:

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good catch and good night on the water:wink:.You should have been on Wylie Pre-Fishing though:smile2:Glad you are enjoying your Toon:big_smile:

10. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Sounds like you got into some and had fun.Ditto on the led lights,those things are awesome.

11. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Way to go Dean,thats some nice fish.

12. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    He's gettin' ready for Sept!:wink:

13. fishingfool

fishingfool New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the rteport and way to go on what sounded like a great night of fishing. BTW the LED's will light up the world and are cheaper on E-Bay. I put them on my John for night fishing near Cedar Creek and down stream @ the Singleton Creek area. I wish you great fishing.:big_smile:

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks again guys. Even though i have had a couple good trips at Wateree in the past couple weeks, fishn will always be fishn. Last night me and a long time fishn partner went down to try our luck. We usually do pretty good when we team up but after fishn most of our life we have learned to even enjoy the times that are not so good.:big_smile: So with that being said, i will give the +'s of the trip last night. The weather was great, lake was beautiful with only a few boats, we boated some of the largest bullheads we have ever caught:smile2: We did come home somewhat earlier than usual to get a good nights sleep and save some for the next trip.
    No pic's this trip:wink:

15. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Dean, NO PICS? We wanted to see these monster Bullheads!!:wink: