wateree lake level

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by katman#1, Jan 16, 2010.

1. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the lake wateree state park has closed there ramp due to the low lake levels

2. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Last week while at Ft. Jackson I talked to a couple of locals that said they had been running water pretty hard. They didnt know why. I aked them because I usually fish below the dam when I am down there. So no fishing last weekend there. If you get any info please pass along. Thanks!

3. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    state park ramp is open the lake came up overnight to 99.8 the target level is 94.9

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I called the Duke Energy lake info line and its now listed at 100.30. Rocky Creek is listed at 102.3 so I guess all the rain runoff made its way down there.

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    If you ever wondered why they lower the lakes so much in the winter, this is why.

7. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Just think how high the water would be if they had not lowered it the past few weeks. It might have been in some of the houses on the lake.

8. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the june creek public acsess ramp parking lot is under water

9. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I might ride down to wateree this saturday just to see the high water, no boat of course, just get a good look from shore. Never seen it that high.

10. WilliP48

WilliP48 Member

State:
    SC