wateree lake catfishing today

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by katman#1, Dec 26, 2009.

1. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    wateree today very nasty an lots of logs coming down the lake caught 8 fish 18lbs an 24lbs two big fish the 24lber was my buddy bls new pb on wateree goin to see if we can change that in the morn

Attached Files:

2. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC

3. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    good job. i was wantin to get down in the mornin but i think this cold i got aint gonna let me maybe by the time i get out there all that junk will clear out

4. MMloy

MMloy New Member

State:
    NC
    You aren't kidding about the logs and debris. The water was doing some moving! I think it got colder as the day went on too.
    We fished Wateree today also...got on the water about 7 am...caught bait and started fishing. It was slow.....caught a 8 #er and a 40 #er :big_smile: and one we call a 911 (small enough to hurt ya). Marked a bunch of fish but the biting was slow and the debris was heavy! Still a great day fishing!!!! The 40 #er almost beat my personal best from Santee, a 45 #er.....still waiting to beat that one!:confused2:

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I wasnt on Wateree yesterday, but at one point on Wylie you could almost walk across the trees. I had never seen it like that. Fishing was better for you guys than it was for us on Wylie. Congrats on the good catches Jason and Marya

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Great catch Jason. I went to church today but will be trying Wateree in the morning. Do i need to take a right or a left from Dutchman:smile2:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NICE string, Jason!!

Bill in SC

8. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    a right to miss the trees

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Hope to see ya guys down there. What kind of boat will you be in?? I been having trouble getting bait so i'm taking my throw net man. Bass ain't hitting to good anyway:smile2:
    Seth has perfected the throw net throwing so now we going to see if he can catch bait, the leaves and pine needles don't work as well as good old fresh fish:tounge_out:

10. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    dean I will be out there after 2:00pm In a bass tracker with a trolling bar on the back thats great that he has learned to use the net thats the key to catching big blues is the bait :wink:

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    We ended up with bait, not what i wanted but seems they wanted it anyway. Well 2 fish did, only bites we had. Man that wind was tuff. I never did see ya guys, ya must had went the other way. Let me know how you did.