wateree/cedar creek 6-1

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dudley-1, Jun 2, 2009.

1. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Hit wateree a while yesterday for a little evening and into the darkness trip.I carried a cousin of my ex wife and was lucky enough to put him on his personal best..They had the water rollin hard last night.Ended up with 4 stripers and 14 blues,biggest 19 1/2 lb.And not to be out done,I caught a big piece of driftwood:smile2: . Only saw two other boats . Heres Chris and his fish and me and the trophy driftwood catch

Attached Files:

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    When they have the water moving in cedar creek you can catch a lot of really nice blues.
    By the way did you keep that trophy drift wood catch or did you throw it back?

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the report Sam,we expect to see you at 6pm on June 27th at Wateree Creek Landing:wink:,Looks like you have a partner too.:cool2:

4. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Damon,I brought the wood home.Its a good looking piece.Marty,Im tryin to get that guy hooked on cat/striper fishing.He and my brother in laws are bass guys,but I know he had a good time last night.He invited me to fish with him saturday on his boat(All the smack I talk about bass fishermen along with my fishing pards,,I dont think I can go!.I'd get scandalized bad when some folks found out!!!))He did say if I didnt want to go he would like to go back catfishin..I caught a sucker last night,to my knowledge thats a first for me.He is 9-10 inches long.I bet some of you good flathead fishermen could get a bite from a big un off him.Anyone ever used suckers as flathead bait??