Wateree--busting blues in the wind

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudkip, Nov 21, 2008.

1. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I am not sure why Mother Nature likes to send the great North wind down two out of three days I get to fish but nonetheless Wyliecat and myself battled some ferocious wind on the H20ee to haul over 40 blues and a few small channel cats. Fish size was not that impressive but we did have a very nice string given the conditions. Wylie checked in with a nice 18 pounder to take large fish honors--I am glad we didn't make any side bets before hand. Most fish 2-6 pounds and slamming bites in the 25mph winds.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Tough guys! Way to go, Roger. It was rugged today on the water. I had had enough by about noon. Still better than the last two days, though, temperature wise. :smile2:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I like to see folks tough it out in less than stellar conditions. Kudos and reps to you!
    Bill in SC

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Way to go Rodger!:wink: Thats a great catch giving the conditions. Thats why you are the top and #1 guide on Wateree.:wink: Time and time again Rodger Taylor produces.:big_smile: Smackdown right there folks!

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Rodger, I know all to well about fishing inna MIGHTY wind :smile2: Muh hat's off too you (last trip the wind blew my hat off'n my head, Pop Pop had to fish it outa the drink with the net). You get the "WINDY SMACKDOWN" award fpr the week!

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the report Rodger,thats a great haul for such windy conditions,I havent been to Wateree since late September,looks like its time to make plans to go drifting.:big_smile:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Yea....what Pat said, LOL . Nice to see yas get on them , congratz on a great day on the water .

-Jim-

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad yall had a good day on the water and thanks for the Wateree reports. We use to get hourly reports from wateree but for some reason they quit.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Now that gave me a "GOOD" early morning laugh:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2::0a31: