wateree 9-7

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dudley-1, Sep 7, 2009.

1. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Hit wateree today for a little combo fishing.The plan was to live bait striper fish for a couple hours and then switch over to catfish mode.Bait was very easy at beaver creek,all threadfins except 2 gizzards and 2 perch.Caught 3 stripers and 3 catfish pulling live bait,and switched to cutbaiting /bottom fishing caught 7 more cats.The wind was pretty tough this morning.the two biggest cats were 8.5 and just shy of 10#. biggest striper was 5#12oz.heres one striper and the 8.5 blue.all but one fish was caught on the threadfins except on blue which bit cut perch.I'm thinking that may be a first for me one on perch.,Lost one good striper early morning and lost a real nice catfish after lunch(he was most deffinately the best fish of the day)Kept the stripers for the grill and released the cats,8 blues,,2 channels

Attached Files:

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I hear ya Sam,that wind was tuff today here at the house,I can imagine what the lake was likemnot to mention the boat traffic.Congrats to you and Greg on a good day.:big_smile:

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    WTG, Sam good report thanks!!!:cool2:

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Holmes and i went last night to do some Wateree scouting. The catfish werent cooperating. We caught a few small cats but had a lot of short hits and follow alongs. the big cats were not biting.
    I thought some of the follow alongs were striper.
    Later,
    Lindsay

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Good job Sam!:wink:
    You right about the bait situation. Loaded up on plenty of that for a while! Thanks for the report and the pics!