Wateree 8-28-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by screamnclickersc, Nov 28, 2009.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We put in @ Clearwater instead of Beaver Creek to cut down on the cold boat ride,but ran into the same problem we always have at Clearwater-very small baits.We couldn't get shad over 2-3" & the stripers just wasn't feeling it.We did hook up & broke off (yes Mark,broke off:angry:) a nice 30# class blue,he went under the boat & must've snagged the transducer bracket and broke clean. The tourney in Dec. is looking vague for us unless we find some nice fish soon.:confused2:

Is there anyone around Wateree that sells decent bait?!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  2. katdoctor

katdoctor New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Tell Mark that he has gotten to tighten up.:smile2:

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....The tourney in Dec. is looking vague for us unless we find some nice fish soon...."

That tournament is two weeks away. A can, and will, change between now and then. Be glad you did not find fish this weekend, because you might have been fishing for ghosts in two weeks.

4. screamnclickersc

State:
    S.C.
    Mark wasn't w/ us this time,I was just pointing that out to him!I guess the way I wrote that makes him look at fault(we gonna blame it on him anyway):smile2:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    put in at dutchman this morning.caught small shad,pearch and had some crappie filets.cats did not like the drift this morning.the wind slowed down aprox 10:00.almost to a stop,started picking up some small fish 6-8 lb.Wished I would have droped a ananchor first thing!!!:crazy:

6. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    You can't count a trip out do to not hooking up that should give you more motivation to go again

7. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    yea if tomrrow was not sunday I would be out there:smile2:

8. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Two weeks? Last year they moved two days before-had quire a few big fish before tourney time couldnt find them on tournament day.

9. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    wateree this morn started out crappie fishing got 7 crappie and to many white perch to count then changed over to cats caught 9 cats big one only 18lbs but it was my cousin new pb he was happy we kept one cat made nuggets out of him tonight they were great:big_smile:

10. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC

Jimmy, I am assuming that you were the one that lost this fish.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report!

BB in SC

12. screamnclickersc

State:
    S.C.
    No, the other "Mark" lost this one(my brother).When he said "we won't need the net" then changed to "he just grew,get the net fast" and I was in the middle of a sausage biscuit....well you can take it from here:wink: I did see his back,he looked the same size as the one you lost during the CCC tourny:smile2::wink::big_smile::roll_eyes:.

13. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Is there anyone around Wateree that sells decent bait?! What kind do ya want??

Good report for the guys thats going to be fishn the 12th:smile2:jk Ya guys are good fishermen, you will find them.