Wateree 8-23-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by screamnclickersc, Aug 23, 2008.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Fished Wateree today 5:30am-11am-caught 21 cats total(ranged from 2-31 lbs.) & 4 stripers.Bait was plentiful in Beaver creek,filled the net on 3 cast.Bait of choice was gizzard shad & perch 13'-18'.The wind picked up around 10:00 & started catching bigger fish.--Took my nephew & he caught 2-PB's,31 lb Blue & 5 lb striper.

Attached Files:

2. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Nice catch Jimmy.I'll bet your nephew is allready wanting to go back.Thanks for sharing the pics.

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice fish Jimmy. You should have fished the tournament down there today I bet that would have been a hard stringer to beat. Congrats.

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    James I got my days mixed up!I thought it was next weekend-Me & Lakemoultrieblues had already made plans to go,but when I realized it was last night,Mark was already out of town.We'll hit the next one for sure.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those are some great looking fish! Thanks for posting and good luck in the future

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good Haul Jimmy,the drift bite is good at Wateree right now,we only drifted for about 1 1/2 hours last night at the end of the night but we caught 10 fish in that short period of time,biggest about 8lbs,we went in the night with a plan to anchor fish all evening so thats why we only drifted the time we did.
    Congrats to your Nephew on the PB.:wink: