Wateree 6/13

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Zero, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Headed to my fishing place, took everything down to the bank at my aunts around 5 PM on Saturday. Threw the cast net for bait for a few minutes then my brother saw a snake and insisted that we go to the neighbors dock like we usually do. Netted some more bait then we packed up and headed there. Tossed out some cut shad and caught a few cats in the 2-3 lb range. My brothers friend caught a few small bream on roostertails and we cut a few and kept a few alive. Come 10 PM my cousin goes out with his friends in a boat for catfish. 10:30 my brother's friend goes home, we stick it out a while.

Have a run on a 4" live white perch, throw my SLX20 in gear and slam him, get him up at the pier and I lift him up. 16 lbs even. Have a nicer run on a live 5" bream but my brother hooked it behind the dorsal fin and the hook had pushed in and twisted around and hooked back into him so there's no way to set the hook...that's why I always nose hook them and my brother learned that lesson.

Went home about 4:45 AM, about a 12 hour trip, slow but watching the thermal lightning in the distance and the calm water at night was well worth it. Kept 4 cats 2-3 lbs, and the one at 16. Averaging one 10+ my last 5 trips.

Here's a picture. It was at 10 til 3 in the morning on a cell phone so bare with me. 2 liter Mountain Dew bottle for comparison.

[​IMG]

2. FishN4Fun

FishN4Fun New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice fish. At least it paid off to stick it out. I haven't made it down to Wateree for a night cat stalk yet but hope to in the next few weeks.

3. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Oops I messed up the image tags.

[​IMG]

Thanks. It's always good to get out for a night of fishing.

4. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice fish, well worth the effort. I second the nose hooking.

5. FishN4Fun

FishN4Fun New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Has anyone been catching any big blues down there?

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the report.

7. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Caught one 12 the weekend before last, and the 16 Saturday. Nothing over 20 from there lately, caught a few good ones this year though.

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Hunter, that was a nice one! Can't beat catchin fish and a light show!:wink:
    Thanks for the report! Great pic too!

9. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks, there's not much else I'd rather be doing than relaxing all night fishing.