Wateree 6/09/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by GatorT, Jun 10, 2009.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Went for a short trip to Wateree Lake last night. Had to work this morning, so had to come in early. So, after getting launched and catching bait, we only had a few hours of actual fishing. From 'bout 8:30 'til 11:00.

For bait we had bream, shad and white perch. All of the fishing was done up in the Cedar Creek area. Ended up with about six fish, biggest being 16 lbs down to the smallest at about a pound. Three blues and three channels.

They weren't preferring any bait, just peck, peck, peck. Nothing wanted to take it down.

I did talk to some guys who said that they did pretty good with a combo of striper and cats. They said their biggest cat was about 10 lbs.

Water was still running over the dam.

It was worth going, as always.

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    A little slow on the uptake this morning. Forgot the picture.

It's my friend, Jamie's personal best on the lake. He's caught some nice fish on the river, but he never fishes the lake. He says the lake is made for partying. And even though he didn't catch anything bigger than 16 lbs last night, I could see his attitude changing.

Attached Files:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good post, Ronnie. Thanks. Good to see someone get a PB, too.

4. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the post. If the water keeps flowing like it has been the fish are going to have to turn on eventually.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Way to go Gator!:wink: Thanks for the report.

6. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats, always great to get out.

7. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good job. Not bad at all for only few hours.