Wateree 2-7

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by billfish76, Feb 7, 2009.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    BigBird and I went down to Wateree today hoping to catch a few blues. Well we had the best day Ive had down there. We ended up with 17 fish. 3 over 30, 4 over 20, and the rest were 1-18lbs. Ran into a few other guys that were having a good day also. Then the wind picked up and the bite stopped at about 12:30. All the fish were muddy today. 1 bait was working for us and what was working for others we didnt get a sniff on it. Goes to show you never know what they want to eat.

Attached Files:

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks for the invite today Cary,
    You saved me from a day of mechanic work. Now I have something to do tomorrow.
    Today was my best day on Wateree also.
    Nice pics.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Congrats on a great Day guys:wink:Wish I could have been down there amongst yall but was my weekend to work:sad2:,The other half of Team Green was there as you know and I got to hear the whole deal from him while I was stuck inside working.:crazy:Good Job by all of you.

4. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Had a great day on the water today.Had a friend of mine with me today that had never done any drift fishing and wanted to learn a little about it.We caught 15 fish total with the biggest ones going 38.10,17.12,13.2,10.8 several in the 7 to 10 pound range.All where caught on shad and cut bream.Talked with Gary and Dieter and they also had a great day.

5. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Im glad the bite was on for all my buddies at Wateree. Good Job on the Wateree blues! I think the next Catawba event will be alot closer, it seems everyone is on the fish right now. :wink:

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats to all on great day of catchin:wink:

7. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    looks like yall found the right spots,real nice catches

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Billfish76 and Bigbird parked on top of them Saturday morning!
    Jeff Green and myself had a good day and caught good fish that anyone would be pleased with, but Billfish76 and BigBird had an "over the top day". Days like that don't come along often, so you have to enjoy it when it happens. :wink:

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great day guys I am glad yall were on the fish. All of the fish caught in our tournament yesterday had real muddy bellies like they had been laying around.

10. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Great catch guy's, sounds like it was alot of fun.:tounge_out:

11. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    James i have caught cats with mud on their bellies but most of the cats had mud on their bellies and sides. They werent laying in the mud but burrowed up in it. I havent seen them with mud up the sides like that before.

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great day guys!:wink: Outstanding day of catches.

13. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice my Brothers!!:eek:oooh:

Trying to intimidate? :wink::smile2::smile2:

I hope the bite stays strong for the next tourny there! Team Smackdown will be there in force!!!:cool2::smile2::smile2: