Wateree 11-14-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by harper81, Nov 14, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Got to the lake around 5, put in at Dutchman's. Lost my cast net on the 3rd throw so no shad for bait. Caught one perch and I decided to fish with it because I am not driving a hour + to not try to catch a cat. That one lone perch ended up bringing in a 27 and a 10 lber. 27 was caught on the head and the 10 on a fillet. Left the lake at 7:30 because my wife and child are impatient. Both fish CPR'd and not because that's what some people feel is right. It was because I didn't feel like filleting any fish.:big_smile:

On a side note I just bought a Shakespeare SKP2000 at a pawn shop the other day and that's the reel that brought in the 27. That reel has quite a few negative reviews, but I didn't have any problem with it. It casted nice and reeled in that fish just fine. I also paired it up with a MH Ugly Stick which is my first Ugly Stick and I loved it. I think I am going to switch all my rods to Ugly's from the King Kat's I have now.

Attached Files:

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Same thing happen to us (we didn't lose the net) we had 1 perch and caught 2 fish. We put in at Dutchman also and if i knew you wanted shad you could have had mine, they not working to good at the moment.

Congrats on the big fish.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Bill glad to see some out there pulling in some nice fish. Congrats an reps to ya.

4. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    nice fish..glad you had a good time!!

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I hear ya Bill, congrats.:wink:

6. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Wow Chris good to see you. Haven't seen you post in a long time. Hope to see some reports again from you. Still haven't forgot about you and when I get some cash I am booking a trip.

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Hey Bill,nice catch,glad ya got on a good one.

Chris good to see ya make a post or two.The forum has missed your imput and contributions:wink:Hope you will get back into being a regular with us.:big_smile:

8. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Congrats Bill! Its always nice to see someone catching fish!

9. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    good to see you caught some fish those shakespeare reels are ok I used them when I first started chasing big cats they wear out quick 6500s are a lil better quality reel

10. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Bill i have a few Shakespeare SKP2000, the ones with the gold are the newer models and they are a step up from the older ones. I have had no trouble with mine. The older model was worthless, use it a few times and the drag and brakes were of no use. I don't know what they did but it worked. I have these in the mix with my 6000, 6500, 7000, 7700.

11. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I havent tryed the new 2000 may need to give it a shot dean you spooling with mono or braid on those 2000s

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NICE fish, Bill. WELL done!!

Bill in SC

13. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I have 6 of the new SKP2000 and they are holding good so far,all my drift rods have these reels and have had no problem out of any yet,For $34 at Wally World I can buy 2 1/2 of those to the price of a 6500.I have several 6500s and they are on my anchoring rods.In fact I think the 2000s free spool a whole lot better than the 6500s for letting out line when drifting.

14. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    nice fish, bill. good job