Water wings, anybody?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jan 22, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac, this was a one of the posts I made this morning kind of directed at you.

It was on before the server decided to wipe its rear end and remove about ten terabytes of good info. posted here today. To those half dozen folks I repped this morning I am sorry, they disappeared too. Anyhow.....

Mac, I know you have a dream fishing trip coming up. We received information here this morning about a drowning of one of our locals in Missouri yesterday. This man, 79 years of age and another buddy of his were backing a trailered boat down a ramp at Lake Tannecomo in Missouri. I think that is near Branson. These guys were seasoned Mississippi River and lake fishers. Many many years of experience. They backed their van down the ramp and it kept going. Into 15 feet of water. One guy got to shore, the other fellow when down. I guess if you are going to go it might as well be doing what you like. I hope I got a beer in my hand.

So you old coots out there (myself included) or anybody else for that matter be careful.

Mac, your trip will probably be successful. Don't let me read that that 70 lb'er pulled you out the boat.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Just goes to show u no matter how many yrs experience u have, anything can happen at any time--a mere tragedy amongst seasoned anglers that was a bad ACCIDENT. i still consider myself young, so youngsters reading this thread remember ur elders arent just telling u to do things just to tell u, its for ur own good!!! Trust me someday u will remember some of the things they said & find urself telling ur kids or someone elses kids!!

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wait till your settled , then put the beer in your hand. :wink::tounge_out::smile2:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dano I gave you a rep for that post. I figured if you think that was funny, why not a pat on the back. Speaking of pats aint that your team? Figures.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Where is the post bandit when you need one.
    Anything can happen to anyone.
    Safety is very important and I didn't mean to take away from that part of thread by useing smilies.

There is a history behind that, but I dont want to sound like a broken record. Both my post and the Pats. :wink:

Go Pats. :cool2:

BTW. When my time come's, I hope its doing something I like and not in a hospitle.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good post John, If you are going to wintertime fish you have to think safety first. You also have to be on your toes and paying attention every minute you are there. Accidents happen quickly and somtimes without warning.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Triple 7'. That blue you holding up matches the color in your face and the water behind you. You can't CPR that fish, it is already frozen and waiting to be wrapped.

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Mr. John, are you suggesting that Capt. Hugh and myself wear water wings, like the kids do, when we go out on my b-day trip? If so, where is the heck do you think I could find one that would fit the fine Capt., have you seen the size of that man?

Seriously, we appreciate you thinking about us and you do have an important message for all of us, and that is to be careful and wear our life jackets when fishing alone or in bad weather. Thank you kind sir. Mac

PS, I vote for you to bring back the beetle on the dung or maybe you should/could try a beetle pushing a Bud with it's hind legs. That would be a nice touch.