Water way down

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by RavenzTarot, Jul 4, 2006.

1. RavenzTarot

RavenzTarot New Member

State:
    AL
    I live on the AL and GA border on the "hooch" due to the core of engineers brillant plan to save the some fish in florida we lost over 220 billion gallons of water <faulty gauge again...>. Now our river is down 3 to 7 ft in some places my favorite "gonna get the big ones every time spot" is a big muddy hole with 2 inches of water. I need to find some more spots but with the water so far down we lost alot of weed cover and small feeding creeks all that is left is deep fast river. I spend more time cleaning the banks so I can fish than fishing. I can only take my boat out with help. Lets just say that nascar beats me going fishing on our boat every time and Hubby is not leaving the TV.

How can i find a spot from the bank on these conditions? NO Boat, Lots of mud, GAR the size of logs, a dog with a death wish and a mean brother who will not take me to his friends lake where the really good fishing is. :angry:

I want to draw some cat in but afriad I will only get more GAR and Crocs.

Thanks
    Raven

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    U might have to wait untill we, get some rain. Its been so dry and the water holes are low.

3. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    If you can find some place without current and bait it with sour corn , I am sure you can bring in some cats. It doesn't have to be all that deep either. Good luck

4. RavenzTarot

RavenzTarot New Member

State:
    AL
    Rain? We get rain here? Yep it has been that long, i can see where that would hold things up. Still I really do want to go to that lake, I really wasn't that mean to my brother when he was little.

But seriously, using sour corn keep the gar and gator from coming in also?

Raven