water temps seem to have droped alot.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Apr 15, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was at the scioto today throwing my castnet,,,I could not believe how cold the water felt, feels like mid march water temps:sad2:

This cool spell has sure set my fishing back a week or so.

2. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know what ya mean...Water temps around me for resevoirs has dropped from a good healthy 53 clear back to the high 40's in the past week or so...Kinda sad and i was hoping they would keep climbing...I am itching for a flatty or two...

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    That is not good. Jack I am going to put in, I know the water is high but I'll be careful, down at the annex tonight for Wednesday night catfishing. We are going up behind the golf courses to see if we can just have a little fun in the backwashes.

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Its that time of year, water temps will raise and fall till we get steady air temps :wink:

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Water temps around here have droped also. KC Mo area and central Mo. They droped 8 to 10 deg. in one week. Made fishing tough.
    Tom

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, I gotta ask.. Two or three weeks ago you had a thread that how throwing a cast net had your back all messed up again? Now you are back at it? Do you never learn?:crazy: rollo

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Have'nt got any water temp readings lately, but the bite has seemed to slow down a bit. Hopefully with this new rain and warmer temps the next few days things will change...