Water Temps at Cumberland City & Gallatin Stm Plts?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by festus, Jan 18, 2010.

1. festus

festus New Member

I know skippies have been caught around these steam plants in the last few days. Did anyone get the water temperatures on the best days? From info I'm gathering, the temps at Bull Run Steam Plant are now 60 degrees, at least last week. I haven't heard of much of anything being caught over there yet because they've only been running maybe two weeks. I gotta get over there and try to catch some bait, because they're gonna shut off soon, maybe within 3 weeks or sooner unless we have the cold weather again. I heard Kingston Stm Plt ran about 10 days and has already shut down.

2. eksfish

eksfish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was up at Gallatin Steam plant on Saturday. skip jack where slow in the afternoon, people catching a few just not the no-stop action you need to stock-up in the canal. steam plant wasn't running(no smoke), but water temp 54 in the canal, 48-50 down stream to Flipper's

3. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, I heard Kingston Steam Plant has quit running, too.

4. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    Festus to be honest I have never checked it.I bet that would be a very good thing to keep track of though.Probably narrow down chances to hit or miss them.I suppose that is what controls the shad movement and I believe personally the shad presence or not is the biggest factor in whether the skips are there or not.Thanks for a good idea.

5. fairweatherfisherman

fairweatherfisherman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was up there at Gallatin Saturday too, though it looked like half the southeast were in there. There were a lot more small shad around the plant last weekend than there were before Christmas. More skippies now than back then too, but still way fewer than normal for this time of year.

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Gallatin steam plant yesterday, water temps 53--54, no generation, skips few and far between. And i do mean few and far between.