water temps are falling wooo hooo

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishscotty, Dec 8, 2009.

1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    with the colder water temps the catfish will be stacking up for the winter

last time i was down at lake of the ozarks a few days ago they went from 49 to 45 degrees in 3 days .

bait was very easy to find and bunched up tight in around 12 to 18 foot of water .

the catfishing was about average for me and scatterd some what still but will get better and better from here on out .

In 2 days we caught over 300 lbs of blue cats and about 5 channel cats

biggest blue was a tad over 30 lbs but several in the 8 to 20 lb range and smaller ..

who else is ready for some winter blue cat fishing ????

woooo hoooooo

whats the water temps now on the lakes or rivers you fish ???

2. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Hey Scotty, I live up here close to "MO. HICK" (Tom). Maybe I can talk him into making a trip down and you can show us how to catch those wintertime blues:wink:!!

3. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well we will have to set a date soon and go catch some cats :wink::big_smile:

I love winter fishing !!!!!!!!

sounds like fun ...

4. CANCATCHCATS

CANCATCHCATS New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Scotty: I Have not been on the Missouri river for ten days. When I was out the temp was 49 It was really high gage at Chamois was 19 ft. I was fishing the back water. Never couhgt a fish. Oh Well!
    I went down to the river yesterday and checked it out. The dikes are sticking out 5 or six feet. Looked this mornning the gage is 4 ft. (Chamois)
    I would guess temp would be about 45 also. This is good!
    Heres the deal 45 drgrees low water get out there and check out your favorite deep hole. I would bet they are starting to pile up.
    I won't be going today though we got 20/30 here 20 degrees 30 mile and hour wind. To cold for this old man. Can't wait untill this front moves through.
    I am takeing a hell of chance here this my third post in two days.

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

awsome post !!! thanks for the info and update :big_smile:

ya the weather sucks here also snow ,, very cold with wind ugggg not much snow at my house tho only a inch or so .

cant wait to see your pics of fish and your report when ya get a chance to go fishin again ..

3 posts in 2 days :smile2::smile2: thats funny really funny lmao

high 5 bro :wink:

6. COREY

COREY New Member

State:
    NORTH WEST MO
    hey scotty im new to this online chat ,
    going to be in warsaw this weekend to fish,
    do you have any tips , only fished cold water a few times,
    would appreciate any help !!!!:eek:oooh:

thanks

7. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    You gonna fish truman or lake of the ozarks ???

8. COREY

COREY New Member

State:
    NORTH WEST MO
    lake ozarks

9. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    Ive been finding shad at the harbor boat ramp cove very easy and have seen many bait balls on the fish finder in the main lake close to the edges of the channel in 8 to 15 foot of water .

last weekend I caught fish in town towards the dam caught some good fish close to the bank in 10 foot of water and also casting into the channel in 25 to 30 foot , so try to cover as many water depths as possible with your rods , just dont cast out the same distance with each pole .

I also last friday night went down river around the oar house area and did well caught fish on some shallow flats in 2 to 6 foot of water ,, on the channel edges in around 15 to 20 foot and the main channel ,,
    basically the same set up as before I try to cover as many depths of water as I can .

now back to the bait shad ,, live shad and shad heads did the best !!! sides and chunks didnt get much action for us .

good luck my friend catch some hawgs !!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

cant wait to see your pics and report when .....

10. COREY

COREY New Member

State:
    NORTH WEST MO
    SCOTTY THANKS FOR THE ADVISE,SHOULD SAVE ME SOME TIME LOOKING FOR THE FISH. I USE THE HARBOR RAMP & OAR HOUSE IS JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM US. DOES TIME OF DAY MATTER MUCH.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS !!!!!!:big_smile:

11. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

no with the water temps now i feel ya can do as good in the day as you can at night ..

infact I caught more fish on sunday durring the day then i did fishin saturday night .

12. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Down here in Oklahoma 4 or 5 days ago the first real good cold blast we got on Grand the water temp was about 56 couldn't of been 6 days ago and the next day was down to 51 that was with in 1 day, went to one of my favorite holes 2 days ago and the temp was all the way down to 44 in spots not kidding that is some drops man, anyways i managed about 9 fish, biggest was right at 20lbs, this is what i like to see in this particular spot, where there's a 20lber move in i do know for a fact that the 40's, 50's, and 60lbers will be lurking soon, so yeah it's on, i however froze out 2 days ago i havent yet found a good pair of boots that will keep the toes from freezing upi just bought a 1000g insulate redhead boots they didn't do the trick, im pissed abuot that

13. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

:big_smile: thanks for the report alot of good info in it !!!!!

also my 2 friends bought some toasty toe warmers at wal mart before we went out last weekend to put in boots and they said they really liked them they are with the hand warmer packets in the sporting goods dept or hunting stuff.. they are cheap also ..

ya might give those a try

14. COREY

COREY New Member

State:
    NORTH WEST MO
    THANKS AGAIN,
    IF YOU SEE GREY JOHN, GREEN INCLOSURE, YELL & ILL BUY LUNCH.
    !!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

15. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah thanks scott, ill definatly have to get those, becuase i don;t think any other pair of boots or socks is gonna work for me

16. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Yep I like them!! It got down to 22 on friday night and we set out there for about 15hrs strait. I only had on 400grain thinsulate books on AND MY FEET WERE NICE AND WARM! I had the tostey toes and the foot liners! Make sure to take an extra pair in you are going to be on the water for a long time. When they say 8hr on the pack they mean 8hrs on a cold day. I also like the adhesive body warmers! Attach them to the inside of your shirt and you will stay warm all night, they last a long time too!!

17. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Hey Scott they are going to send me to that school next week. Hopefully we can get together again the following week. I will call when I get what days I have off. Maybe the weather will cooperate this time. If not oh well. We will have a good time anyway. They should stacked up nice and tight by that time and will be willing to get pulled into a nice warm boat:wink::eek:oooh::smile2:.
    Tom

18. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

:big_smile: yeppers we will be a chillin and a fishin hopefully more fish than chillin tho lmao .. OO heck ya we allways have a good time together I cant wait :wink::big_smile: !!!!!!

19. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    todays conditions for truman and lake of the ozarks water 43 :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

Daily Information
    Date: December 10, 2009

Truman Lake Current Elevation: 707.34

Truman Lake Normal Elevation: 706

Lake of the Ozarks Lake Current Elevation: 659.09

Generators: 33,500

Spillway Gates: 0

Discharge: 33,500

Air Temperature

Current: 10

Yesterday's High: 19

Low: 9

Water Surface Temperature: 43

20. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bet the water temp is mid 30's by next week. That report is for above the dam, wonder if it will take longer to cool down below the dam since that water is coming from the bottom of Truman? Cant wait to get back down there! Chris