Water Temp

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by onlyriverfish, Sep 15, 2006.

1. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    Went blue fishing thurs night. Windy,not many boaters,Water was 69.8 at Omaha.

Couldnt get bit. Didnt graph even one to target.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Running right around 75 here in the Kansas City area. Two evenings I've been out and hardly a bite to speak of either time. But I'm also trying to figure out some new spots to fish, so it's not surprising that I'm not getting bites. Very few fish seen on the graph as well.

3. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    Water was 59-60 (sept.21,06) no bites. Freind went 19th and said no good bites.

4. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Out fishin on 9-20,,Water temp 65....around nodaway on the big mo.Fished from 11am to 6pm.didn't do to bad (flat 2#,10#,a channel 5
    #)river also droped 8'' in that time.Flatheads should be bittin good till the water drops to about 50.All fish caught on live,(chubs,pearch,and bullheads but no bites on the bullheads)River was a runnin high that day too.Caught the small flat and the channel on the rocks and weeds in perty fast current about noon the 10# about 5pm on the sand.Talked to a guy that was pullin out the same time as me.Said he got a 15#flat looked like he was fishin the up side of the wing dike...........Keep ur nose to the wind ur powder dry and ur hull wet.......

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    We had alot of rain around Omaha this week , wonder if they haven't moved into the smaller rivers an inlets ?

6. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    Friday was 61-62 omaha water was up, but no bites. Im a glutten for punishment so still going this weekend:cool2:
    Graph didnt show much to stop for either.

7. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james

Same temp Sat.same luck! Figures-had time and bait, just no action!

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Water temp today in KC was 67 degrees. And not a fish to be found anywhere.

9. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    I had 69 degrees at New Haven today. Fished all afternoon and evening until after midnight. Caught two fish, both channels, one dink and an 11 pounder. Best channel I've ever got.

10. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    Marty did you notice any baitfish changes?
    I didnt see any ball of bait indicating predation-havent seen good bait ball last sever times out and had lousy fishing.
    Did notice stacks of bait in OSB upper ends in channel center.

All fish graphed lately were tight to bottom structure-close to channel swings where it appeared bait would come rolling by but couldnt get to bite.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I honestly don't recall *ever* seeing balls of bait on the Missouri, other than in slack water behind dykes, up in creeks, etc.

I can't imagine bait would spend any more time out in the current of the river than absolutely necessary, but remember I'm pretty new to the river. It makes sense that a ball of bait out in the channel would indicate feeding blue cats nearby, but I've certainly never seen anything like that.

The only place I've graphed any fish lately at all has been in the holes behind wing dykes - lots of suspended fish (carp, I'm almost sure) and some tight to the bottom in the deep part of the hole. Occasionally I'll see a fish or two near the bank in the main channel, almost always where you have a lot of up-and-down current breaks.

12. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    I look for large humps or any current break where bait rest and predation going on where they buch together. Thats what keeps me from running too high a sensitivity as I dont see if screens too pepered on my B/W screen.

If I had color, then I'd be on high sensitivity and be watching for dense color shade of yellow or whatever (so I hear).