Water Temp - Water Temperature for Bull Head Catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tafry79, Apr 12, 2009.

1. tafry79

tafry79 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    What temperature does the water need to be before the bullheads start biting good?

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC. They bite year round here. They turn on when temp reaches 50:wink:

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    welcome aboard.I find bullheads bite best in warm weather but you can catch them pretty much year around.

4. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Here in the frozen north, we catch them through the ice. Usually, if you can find them, they'll bite.

I got into a bunch of them last week, in deeper water. The water temp was about 35 or 36, maybe colder down deep, and the hole I was fishing was a creek channel about 20' deep.

As the water warms up, they move shallower, and can be caught easier. The warmer the better, but yes, they'll bite year round. They are tastier now, though, when the water's cold.

edit- I just noticed you're in MN. Whereabouts are you?

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tim Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. If you can find the Bullheads you should be able to catch them.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

6. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Around here it seems like they are easy found over running the small creeks, and ponds. Ounce you find them in a small body of water it is a good possibility that they are about the only species in there. You can catch them alot of the time on a bare hook.