Water pump replacement a success!

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Rookie12, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Well, I got the parts to do the h20 pump on my '05 Merc. today and got it knocked out no problem thanks to the help of Bubbakat. I heard that Mercsshift using the splined shaft that turns the prop. Well, apparenlty they changed that becausemine has a separate shift shaft at the front of the foot that you have to screw loose in order to drop the foot down. All I had to replace was the impeller and water flow is a lot stronger now with themuffs on it. Also changed out the plugs, gapped them at 0.040 and changed lower unit oil. Now she's ready to hit the water. Might get out this weekend after all. Sure does crank a lot easier with them new plugs in it. Thanks Bubbakat!

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Hey Chris good news indeed. Thanks for the follow up and keep up the periodical maintenance and that old gal will serve you well. Don't you just love it when a good plan comes together. :0a31:

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Yes I do!, I did get the foot and the control unit out of time one time, but got it situated back. I bet Ic ould do it next time in about 15 min. tops, now that I have a feel for it. Thanks again!