Water pump for a 95' Yamaha Jet Drive Outboard

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Seth, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I need to sharpen my impeller so I figured I would replace the water pump while doing that also. It doesn't look like it would be hard to do myself. I'm sure it is a lot cheaper doing it myself, instead of paying a dealer to do it.

Can somebody tell me where I can get a water pump for my motor at and which model I would need.

Just curious, how much do you think it would cost to have a new water pump installed and my impeller sharpened at a dealer?

Thanks,
    Seth

2. Bigjonrigger

Bigjonrigger New Member

State:
    Missouri
    what year, make and model do you have. I can get ya a part number for the impeller.

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    It's a 95' Yamaha Jet Drive. On the motor, it says 50ejrt. The impeller just needs sharpened, but I need the part number for a new water pump for my motor.

Here's a pic of the motor too if that helps.
    [​IMG]

4. Bigjonrigger

Bigjonrigger New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry it took me so long, been busy. The Yamaha #6H4-44352-02-00 or the Sierra # 18-3068, hope that helps. Also if the impeller in the jet pump is banged up check the condition and tolerance of the wear sleeve. It's critical for efficient pump operation.

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I went ahead and took it to the Yamaha dealer down the road this time. Next time I will try doing this stuff on my own though. Thanks for letting me know on the part numbers.