Water pump change .

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bobpaul, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I was asked if I could post the proceedure to change out a water pump on outboards.

I had a very good tutorial posted up at one time, with pics, but it seems, it got lost in some type of server change. It's in cyberspace somewhere.

All that has to happen, is for the powers that be, to find it. They lost it:wink:

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    BobPaul I think that was my fault. I lost quit a few pictures in an atempt to do some stuff on my hosting site. I will make it up again if you would be so kind as to send me the pictures if you still have them.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sorry Bubba, don't have them. They were on another computer.

Question; How could you loose something that was posted on this site?

I'm certainly no whiz at this computer stuff, but I don't see how you could trash one of these posts, that've been up for quite a long time.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Hosted pictures are never on catfish1.com, instead there is just a link that embeds the picture that actually comes from an outside source.

For example, this picture, my bait tank pump and filter, exists only in my photobucket account. A moderator could remove my link of course, but only I have control / ownership of the source picture, and if I delete it it will be gone from the post. Lots of things can happen, host accounts get closed, folders or pictures get moved or renamed, etc, none of which is the fault of the staff here.

[​IMG]

The advantage of using hosted pictures is that it gets around the vBulletin size limit and allows better quality pics, and it also allows pictures to be included inline with the text instead of just attachments at the end that have to be clicked on to be seen.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Then how is it that the pics posted in that tutorial had to be of a certain size to be accepted to the site?

I had no photobucket site or any other site I posted from, at the time, nothing managed my pictures except my posting them on this site.

Look at the carb tutorial. Those are my pictures, but I can't delete them.

Who knows, maybe they'll vanish in the next server change.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Good question Bob..In the first week of may of this year i had 2004 post the next day i had 1200 ? i sent in a trouble ticket and they said my post must of been old lmao well so are everbody else's so i just laughed it off :big_smile:

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    After thinking about it, I understand how it got lost, and that it wasn't the staff's fault it got lost. It wasn't the staff's fault it didn't get lost either.

8. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
  9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Man I hate that the pictures got lost, I have a 70HP johnson that I need to check out. I am afraid I won't be able to readjust the shifter rod right when I go back with it.