Water levels on the Green River??

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by smells like old liver!, Aug 10, 2006.

1. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hello my boc brothers! I was planning on hitting the green river this weekend(my first time on green) and was wondering if the low water levels affect the fishing. I could also use some info. on where to go catch some flats. are their any good spots near brownsville or morgantown? feel free to PM me
    thanks

2. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    when the water is low, the fishing is tough. especially upriver around the brownsville area. now that being said, we did get one heck of a rainstorm last night and it is supposed to rain some more today so they may be biting good. i don't fish flatheads much in the river mostly channels. i'm pretty familiar with the section of water between lock 6 and lock 5. there are some very deep holes in this section of the river with lots of trees and pileups. i don't own a boat anymore so i havent got to fish these waters for several years but i just know there are some good fish there. i would put in below the bridge at brownsville and go down stream and find some of these deep holes.

3. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thanks for the info keith I read in the kentucky game&fish mag. that the green river inside mammoth cave park was a good place to go but I also seen that they shut the ferry down because of low water, have you ever fished this in this area?