Water Level Equals Channels

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by CatMaster23, Mar 19, 2008.

1. CatMaster23

CatMaster23 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Am I the only one catching Channel Cats in the flooded Creeks? Channels dont run big but catching any cat is worth the time, and now all the rain we are getting makes it perfect for the channels to slip into the creeks.

2. fishrepair

fishrepair New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    DAVEY, THE LAST WARM SUNNY DAY THAT WE HAD, ME AND MY BUDDY CAUGHT 46 CHANNELS, IN A FLOODED CREEK. IT'S A LOT OF FUN.THEY REALLY BITE HARD THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. MOST ALL OF THEM WERE REALLY FAT BELLIED. I THINK THEY ARE CHOWING DOWN TO MAKE EGGS. THANKS FOR THE POST. RAY

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havent gotten to go yet hopefully next week i can start back hitting the lakes hard

4. bumperlip

bumperlip New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i go to pay lake's most of the time , went yesterday and cought 9 nice one's and hung into one that probly weighed somewhere around 40-50 lb's:wink:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Channels are by far the hardest fighting of all the cats. Too bad they don't get bigger. Sounds like some great fishing guys! Great job and good luck in the future.

6. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    i have not caught any sence using live bait

7. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I caught a six pounder about 4 days ago.

8. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    It seems that everytime we fish we are on channels. :wink:

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well if u know the channels are biting good ... it wont be very long untill the big boys bite(blues and flatties). my problem is that i dont have the patience to wait for em.. i want to catch them now.

10. Corndawg

Corndawg New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish flooded creeks most of the time this time of year. Big Bone Creek, Gunpower and so on. We were fishing for anything that would bite, and my son was trolling a raddle trap that was reddish brown, and he hooked a channel cat. It was on then. We caught 14 in two hours. Nothing very large but very fun!

11. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    dont u love when a nice cat gets on a crank bait of some sort and u think its a nice bass and when u get it up its a dang ol" channel. they fight good.