Water level at Cumberland City

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Jan 22, 2010.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Is it up to high for a skipjack run??was thinking of coming down this weekend.Any info would be awesome.Thanks Aaron

2. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Help,if the waters @33 feet in Clarksville.Will it be tough Skipjack fishing from the bank @ Cumberland City?????:disapointed::disapointed::disapointed:

3. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
  4. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    32 views:confused1::confused1::shut-mouth::shut-mouth::disapointed::disapointed::disapointed::disapointed:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    The people that are viewing this might not know. I viewed it earlier and I have no Idea if it will effect them or not. Someone will eventually answer your question. Sorry I can't help.

6. KY KATS

KY KATS New Member

State:
    ky
    I would think someone would step up and help these guys.It's a good two hrs there from where they live.If you can help them it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    that river doesnt get as swollen as the ohio.. from what i remember 33ft will darn near put it on the walkway at the end closest to the river... and from what i have seen when it comes up and gets muddy stay at home!!

8. festus

festus New Member

Yep, it's been a little dead on here lately. I live in East TN 4-5 hrs away from Cmbrlnd Cty and always caught skipjack either on Watts Bar or Melton Hill Lake at Kingston or Bull Run Steam Plants. These are both on the Clinch River, which is a much smaller body of water. So I can't really answer either.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  9. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    just to let you no we went and got 9 skips
    from day light till 12 noon

10. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Thanks for the report guys been thinking of making a run down myself, but from the "recent" readings I been seeing on here the skip bite is off down there right now. I did see one post from a TN guy who lives right there and he gave the conditions when it's usually best. I'll have to do some digging around to find it though. Tough Luck wish you guys woulda brought cooler's full home.

11. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    That old man out fished us both,Ha ha ha.Hey Brian,let me know if you hear anything good before this weekend.I'm not above given them bad boys another shot.Thanks Aaron

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  12. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Will do Aaron. Actually it's funny me and my buddy was sitting here reading up (wishing we was fishing) but all our boat-owning friends were either out or doing other stuff, this was yesterday. We were talking about how there seems to be more BIG BLUES down the ohio south of us here in Louisville and I was telling him about you and all the nice ones you HAMMERED last year then I was telling him about Cumberland City Skips and saying we need to go down soon, LOL got to looking around and you were down there. Also showed him the steam plant on google maps and where to park and fish and he saw TVA on the screen and was like Oh my gosh His Uncle works at TVA Cumberland City Plant said we can probably stay there when we go down if we make a weekend out of it. So if they get to "hitting" real good there again soon maybe will all hook up and go try and stock up some coolers to come back and vaccume seal !!!

13. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    how close was the water to being on the walkway.. was the water muddy?

14. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    At 34ft it was about 8inchs from the sidewalk.Yes it was muddy but you would not belive the amount of 3 and 4inch shad that were in inlet from about 6.30 till about 8.

15. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Every time I've ben there the shad have always been thick..I know alot of the locals lower baskets down from the walkway and catch all they need.