Water Filters

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Stubby, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    I was just out to Walmart and they have just got in the fuel water filter units. Cartridge type with the mount and filter for $28.00 complete. Also had the replacement filters for I Think $6.00.... Mounting was black and so was the filter cartridge. It was heavy built built.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks carl. I have two of those that came from wally world. works good for me. Some one posted on here a while back that you couldn,t find the right fittings for those but I had no trouble at all finding mine.

3. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    do they sell the fittings

4. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    When I bought my water filter kit at Academy I took one of the two brass plugs, that came with the filter kit, to Ace Hardware, and found two brass nipple fitting that matched the threads on the plugs. No problem at all. (I believe they were 3/8" fittings)

I may be very wrong, but the three different filter kits I saw at Wal-Mart, Bass Pro, and Academy looked like they were made by the same company in China! Same mounting holes and fuel line fitting attachment ports.

Good luck,

Bill

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It was probably manufactured by the same company... how was the price comparisons?

6. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Wal Mart was the highest at $24.99. Bass Pro was $21.99 and Academy was $19.99.

I bought the $19.99 one at Academy because it was cheaper and the store was only about one and a half miles from my house.

Academy did have another model that was made by another company(?) that included the two nipple fittings, and if I remember correctly it cost a bit more....$24 to $29.

Bubbakat recommended this type filter kit, and I'm very happy that I bought mine.:big_smile:

If you need a make and model number I'll try and find it for you.

Bill