Water eagle

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by cathouse, May 29, 2007.

1. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Come on folks really need some help on this one i can get one heck of a great deal , 3 for almost the price of 1 if i act quick . But i wont waste a dime if they are no good .

2. mudfarmer

mudfarmer New Member

State:
    Texoma
    they have a rep as a good rod for the money,just bought 3 10'ers myself

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think its a good rod. I am going to order a 9' footer for striper fishing with a 6500C3 mounted on it.

4. Whiskers4U

Whiskers4U New Member

State:
    PA
    I am NOT impressed with the one that I just received from Cabela's. The rod in their pictures have double footed guides. The rod that I received has the first guide double footed but the rest all are single footed guides. It is a really cheap made rod. I got the 8ft 2 piece rod which is suppose to be rated for 1/2 to 3oz sinkers. I think a 1oz weight is about all this rod can take. It throws weights 1oz and under like a charm but over 1oz feels like the tip is going to snap off. The tip is pretty light on this rod compared to other rods rated for the same weight of line and sinkers.

5. mudfarmer

mudfarmer New Member

State:
    Texoma
    hmmm, the guides on my 10' heavy action spinning rods are all double-footed.

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I was considering ordering some of the catclaws rods made by same company anyone ever use these.