Water depth

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by phatkat, Jun 18, 2006.

1. phatkat

phatkat New Member

State:
    central indiana
    what would you say is the average water deph you fish. Is there a deciding factor that would determind how deep you fish.

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    deciding factor of the depth to fish is the time of year and the weather mostly. Spawn=shallow and structure. rain=fish feeder creeks regardless of depth. Hot sunny days=fish deep holes with cover ect. ect. ect. The fish will go where they can be the most comfortable with some food nearby. Good luck.

-Red

3. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    It depends I caught a fish this past weekend in water so shallow he kicked up a wake when he ran with my bait. Too bad it was a gar:lol:

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I fish as deep as the fish are biting. Usually close to bottom if under 25ft. Thats because most of the places i fish are't real deep.

5. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Are you fishing a lake or a river? Night or day?

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    All are great points, but in a lake in the summer if conditions are normal meaning no heavy rain, I look for nothing more than structure that is on the thermacline. Although there is structure that is better than others. main lake points that have cover, and creek channels nearby are favorites. while main lake humps or holes near the river channel are a close second. Hope this helps.

7. phatkat

phatkat New Member

State:
    central indiana
    I normally start about 7 pm and quit at1 am I have been fishing lakes