Water depth at George Winter

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Manny, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Can someone let me know if the GW boat ramp is always at a level to be able to put in a boat ?? (With prop)

I have no knowledge of this area of the Meramec but will have to start putting in there very soon. The Flam City ramp only has a day or two left of launching. ( With a prop )

Im picking up a new boat tommorow ( Well new to me ) and would like to put in there and run it.

If its able to launch from should i stay in the lake area or can I go north or south and be safe.

Thanks people, Manny

2. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Winter Park is almost always deep enough to put in.You can fish up towards Valley Park,but it gets shallow enough to eat a prop heading to Arnold.Stay to the far side of the islands,the center is also shallow.You can get alot of bait around them,though.Stay in the center of the river,it shouldn't go under 3 feet or so.Shame about Flamm,I'd like to hit it Monday.

3. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    So much for Monday.I have to work.Think I'll try Wed..Maybe the rain will raise the water at Flamm.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Aaaaa, that really makes no sense. It isn't going to rain till Wednesday. ????

5. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    rain in the pm tuesday and rain wed.

6. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    O'well i have to replace a hydraulic line on the trim. I found a small leak,
    any body know who might be open tommorow ( Columbus Day ) where i might get one.

7. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    My bad on the rain prediction.Original forcast said rain Mon.P.M.to Tues.P.M..Manny,try O.P.C. in Imperial.Their number is (636)464-2206.I use them alot and trust their prices and service.I'm still thinking of going out Wed.,rain be damned.

8. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    Manny,
    GW is usually the safest place to launch on the Meramec when the water is low, you should be ok there. Like Michael said going towards Valley Park the depth should be fine but if your heading towards Arnold I would stop before you get to the train track bridge once you run under 55, it is less than a foot deep under the train bridge when the water is low but there are a couple of deep spots between the train and 55 bridge that may be worth fishing. What kind of boat did you get? Do you sell your old one? I drove by Flamm yesterday and there was some guy loading up a 17' deep V without any trouble so you may still be able to launch there.

Let me know if you want any company out on the water, I haven't caught a fish in a while.:sad2:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Wish ya all luck, wish I was able to go myself.
    I relinquished my title to Official Gateway Cats Weatherman, awhile back.

Speaking of, Manny, would you tell these folks that we went fishing and it didn't rain? There are skeptics amongst them.:wink:

10. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    That's right Kutter it didnt rain:eek:oooh:

Hey, Chris I ended up getting a 16' length 6 foot wide ( about 1.5' Wider than my old one )Fisher Marine 35hp 4 seats 2 livewells with aireator, side console, power trim and aluminum hull. But after replacing the hydraulic hose on the trim I couldnt figure out how to bleed it correctly. I called Kutter and we both couldnt figure it out, so we decided to just put a pin in it (which he is making for me ) until i feel like forking out more money for OPC Marine to do it for me.

My other boat i put on Craigs List and the guy i purchased it from more than a year ago, seen it and baught it back the next day.

Dont know how much more fishing ill do this year, prime time bowhunting is right around the corner, but ill let you know.

11. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    Sounds like you got a nice rig, congrats. Boy you really lucked out on selling the old boat too.

I kind of figured you would be hunting soon.