Water Cooler Bait Tank

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by D_Weezy, Mar 3, 2008.

1. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I almost have my water cooler bait tank finished. I had to have a piece of gray plastic pipe threaded to use with my aerator ($1.20 for pipe - $1.00 labor). The fitting that comes from Flow-Rite, was not long enough to go through the tank and attach with the supplied nut. I made my own from a 3/4" elbow and the new threaded pipe. I also had to grind a little bit of the flange, off of the inner tank nut. I did this on the aerator and the pump. I had to do this, because of the rounds sides on the water cooler. I gave it a Rig/Rite adjustable livewell timer. I put the timer in a Radio Shack project box, along with fuse boxes for the timer and pump. I put a debris filter between the pump and aerator (Thanks Jim). I am just waiting on my 2 amp fuses, for the pump, from NAPA. I should be able to keep a few baits alive in this. I am having visions of this, with some Green Sunfish, Bullhead, Suckers etc. It probably wouldn't work too bad, for keeping a days worth of Crappie minnows either. You can see more photos at my picture gallery.

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Dale for sharing a great idea. This is library material. Contact Whistler with full details. Appreciated.

3. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks. I once saw something almost like that but the guy used his bottom hose going to coiled brass tubing inside another container then back over again. He put ice and some salt in the coiled tubed one to keep the water really cold in hot weather.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats sweet good job!!!:cool2:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good idea and nice work. Thanks

6. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I finally finished my water cooler bait tank :big_smile:. I cleaned up the wiring, added some holders for my bait net, and soldered some ring terminals to the back end of my electrical clips. With the ring terminals soldered to the electrical clips, I can attach my wires to the battery box securely. I made this battery box a few years ago. I put a lighted voltmeter gauge on it, with an on/off switch for the gauge. The on/off switch let's you have constant power without having the gauge on. I can attach my trolling motor and bait tank to it. During the course of a days fishing, I can flip the switch and see exactly how much power that I have left. I made this battery box because, I fish a couple of local lakes that are electric motor only. It is really a pain, not to know how much power you have left in your battery. I had to paddle like crazy a couple of times, because of it :embarassed:. The wind around here can be a beast. This solves the problem :wink:.

Attached Files:

7. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I made something about the same except I used one of those clear storage containers from Wally world.I hang an aerator pump over the side of my boat and I installed an over flow tube in the other end of the tank with a screen over it.I keep fresh water on the bait all the time this way.It works very well.
    Allen

8. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is cool:cool2: