WATER ABOUT TO CREST THE SPILLWAY AT TEXOMA

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Luke Clayton, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here. I rememer back in about 1990 when the water went over the spillway at Lake Texoma on the Tex.-OK border. I was doing a story with a fishing guide there and we actually caught stripers around flooded picnic tables that were anchored to the ground.
    Looking back, that's been SEVENTEEN years! This will make for some AWESOME Red River catfishing in weeks to come!

2. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    heard bout that on the news!!!! hope the new rain should help all the fishin! all the rain we been gettin lately been makin the lakes fill up, lake proctor is up 30 FEET!!!!!!!!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Luke I seen that water absolutely pouring over the spill way back in the seventies I do think it was. Several cubic feet a second. I have done some good cat fishing and striper fishing below that dam.

4. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yep, Willard. I remember well the flooding back in 1990 AND the good fishing. I am heading up to fish with guide Roger Hill today, should be on the water by 11 am. Rog says the stripers are up in the newly flooded areas busting the shad and hitting topwaters big time. He caught 2 twenty pounders in the past couple days.
    Catfish action is hot and heavy back in the creeks. We plan to do both today. I am planning next week's newspaper column around the fishing/flooding. Hopefully will get some good pictures AND fillets to blacken after the trip! Good fishing and be safe out there! Luke Clayton

5. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas

Last time it happend it was 1990, time before that was 57. Is their any good spots to catch big catfish when its flooding like this ?
    Water is just barely getting blown over spillway right now but by the end of the day it will be flowing pretty good.

6. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well i figured id ask. Has anyone heard the latest on Texome? Last I heard the Lake was still closed, has anyone contacted the corps or heard anything new.