Watching the Lightning at the Re-Diversion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by scwolf, May 5, 2009.

1. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Judy and I decided to sit on the bank of the Re-Diversion last night and watch the lightning show in the sky. Temps were great all night and only had one small rain shower when we got there. Oh yea......we did set the rods out in front of us.......but last night they were just used for wind indicators....LOL.

Even a bad night of fishing beats not being there!!

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie if you and Judy ever have anytime off during the week PM me and we will try and get together and fish. You've been hammering the banks hard time to ride in the boat.:wink:

3. dknight

dknight New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    where is the best place to access the re diversion canal. heard alot aout it but never been

4. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Doug there are several spots to access the Re-Diversion starting in St. Stephens on 52, also on hwy 45, hwy 35 heading towards russellville, and then beside the Russellville boat landing. Their is also another access point off of 52 that is below the fish lift

5. BigTex

BigTex New Member

State:
    SC
    Robbie, me and a friend went to Russellville last night beside the boat landing past the RR trussel. We fished from about 8pm to 2am, nothing again. We used herring, shad, stink bait. We put 7 rods out, threw some as far as I could and put some closer to the bank. Thought for sure I would get something. My next trip I am going back to Marion, I have a good bank fishing spot up there. I do enjoy fishing the St. Stephen area, I just have to find the fish.

6. dknight

dknight New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanx, robbie.
    gonna try it out soon.

7. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ryan, That's where we tried the other night to and couldn't get a bite. Not sure what the reasons but that is the first time we haven't caught at least a couple of decent ones.

What area do you fish on Lake Marion from the bank, we've been trying to find a couple of more bank fishing spots.

8. BigTex

BigTex New Member

State:
    SC
    Inside BigWater Lake Club, sometimes I go under the 95 bridges. I have a 14' aluminum boat, I cant get it legal right now but I was using it the last time I went up there and I done ok. I am thinking about going up there within the next week or so.