Watched them get arrested

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by laidbck111, Sep 3, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

This morning while fishing, at 1045, I watched 3 guys get arrested for hit and run, BUI and Public intox. The 3 guys were already hammered that early in the am. The warden and police left the boat tied to the dock and hauled the three guys off. apparently the owner of the boat are one of the boys father was notified and the boat was retreived pretty quickly. The other boat that was hit was not damaged badly and no one was hurt, thank goodness. I am sharing this story to remind everyone to becareful since the four timers are out in full force.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I'm glad to know those "boaters" are off the water.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Yeah, its good to know that the enforcers are out. I just wish they were out more often.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It would be nice to see the "enforcers" tackle their jobs everyday, with the same exuberance as they do on holidays, The waters would be a much safer place to be. Alchohol and Boats don't mix!!!!

5. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like those guys are where they belong, in jail.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    isnt funny how old stupid will show up on the holidays. you can tell them before you get them and they will still come out to play. im sorry but things like this get under my skin. now whos going to pay for the damages. really does anyone know how a accident on the water is covered when the one that causes it is in a 20 year old boat with no insurance. does the towing vechile cover this or not. i never really thought about it until this almost happen to me. lots of boats on the water that dont have insurance on them.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How sad that people feel they have to be under the influence to have a joyful time.Thank God, no one was injured or killed due to their chosen actions.I'm glad the wardens were at the right place at the right time. If I were the parent of one or all of em they'd have plenty of consequences for their actions! pk powell:smile2:

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thank God nobody was hurt. Be careful out there today everbody.

9. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I wonder if small claims court would be the way to get damage paid for.

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    When people see that it might make them think twice about being stupid. I wish more criminals would be caught.

11. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Im glad they got busted and hauled off! Now its not that the WRC is out only on holidays, it a voluntary extra schedule to work holidays. These guy are full time and there is a shortage of them, (as we all know). They do the best they can spread so thin. The state puts them where there is likely to be a large population of offenders. Just remember that if someone hits you on the water drunk or not insurance for trailer does not cover boat while off of the trailer. You would have to take them to small claims court or civil court to settle this. But if they were cited fot BUI of Reckless boating the court will be in your favor.

12. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    i often wondered how the whole boaters insurance thing worked, i am just glad these guys wont be bothering anyone else for a while.

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I keep full coverage and medical on my boat. I don't know if it is the law but the law should at least require liability.

A drunk person operating anything is like a shotgun bouncing down the street shooting itself

14. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Sure glad they got popped! People like that have no business on the water, or the roads as well!

15. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Apparently the guy that got hit called the warden and police, like I said his boat didn't get hit to bad and the guy had full coverage on his boat, said the insurance will cover his boat then sue the other guy for damages. I am glad the warden and police are there and wished the state would grant them more money to hire more staff, but that is the problem for most agencies from scholls to police not enough money. That's part of the reason I have no problems reporting people that I see blatently breaking laws. The force and wardens need all the help they can get.

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Glad to hear that some are doing thier job. Wish more would . They said they was going to be out in force in Pike &Linclon Co. but never saw any anywheres.

17. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I agree with everyone, If the local police around here were doing their jobs we wouldn't have so many drug dealers, or criminals running around. Like to 3 guys that got arrested ,the driver of the bout should lose his license for being under the influence.

18. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I wish they would link boat tickets to driver's license. I bet people would think twice about getting completey drunk while operating a boat. I am not talking about the guys that have a couple of beers while fishing and boating I am talking about guys like these three. I mean to drunk to go around a boat in the middle of a big lake come on and then to drunk to know he had even hit the boat.

19. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    gcarlin i think he will in the state of nc or at least i hope he does let him walk a while. i dont like the ideal of small claims court. i can see it now. im going fishing in my new boat when i get it fixed from my judgement or life long case of iou. maybe its time for some laws to cover this with the lakes getting more crowded. when the by standers insurance has to pay it only makes his insurance go up because the one without it will never have any! got plenty of beer but no insurance. sorry for the vent.

20. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Several years ago, there were several fatalities on lakes and the Missouri river, all linked to drunken boaters. The state tried to get a law passed so that drunken boaters lost their boat, their car, and their drivers license. But it failed..........
    I guess we need to have more drunken boaters kill more people before we pass such legislation.

Kenny